It’s always something, and thankfully John and Dave are always here to help. This week we share some advice about geotagging your photos when shooting with a non-geo-smart DSLR camera. Then some talk about how to format Flash drives, and lots, lots more. It’s always a blast and you always learn at least 5 new things each and every time you get together with John and Dave.
MGG 708: Dear Overlords of MacLand
It’s always something, and thankfully John and Dave are always here to help. This week we share some advice about geotagging your photos when shooting with a non-geo-smart DSLR camera. Then some talk about how to format Flash drives, and lots, lots more. It’s always...
Sponsor: Simple Contacts – Visit SimpleContacts.com/mgg and use coupon code
MGG to save $30 on your first order from this fantastic service. Avoid the tedious visit to the eye doctor just to renew your prescription.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 708 for Monday, May 7, 2018
- 00:03:31 Joe-CSF-703-Geotag Photos
- 00:06:10 Jan-CSF-Sliding webcam Cover for Bright Lights
- 00:07:33 Ken-CSF-Chatology (Message search tool)
- 00:09:05 CSF-Cree Smart Bulb
- 00:12:42 Robert-Switches vs. Bulbs
- 00:17:30 Wink vs. HomeKit
- 00:23:16 Homebridge for HomeKit
- 00:28:35 Running a FIOS Router in Bridge Mode
- 00:32:34 Jon-707-FIOS Router Options from DSLReports
- 00:34:27 Ken-QT-Keyboard shortcut to open Trash (via Keyboard Maestro)
- 00:35:29 SPONSOR: Simple Contacts – Save $30 with SimpleContacts.com/MGG code MGG
- 00:38:21 SPONSOR: Smile’s PDFPen 10 adds watermarks, custom headers, custom footers, and a new precision edit tool.
- 00:39:51 David-Do I Need iTunes Match and Apple Music?
- 00:41:57 Kevin-WebDAV copies from Finder often fail
- 00:47:04 Eric-Best flash drive format?
- 00:53:00 Jürgen-Wi-Fi Travel Router
- 00:57:37 This week’s MGG Premium Subscribers:
- Lew R., Wayne B., Doug A., Chris F., Scott R., Ed T., David B., Craig R-T, David S., Robert S., Andrew W., Olga P., Jason A., Bob P., Michael L., The B-Man, Abdullah B., Paul M., Mike C., Mark R., Dave C., Working Smarter for Mac Users, Neal L.
- 00:59:39 Comcast X1 vs. TiVo BOLT+mini System
- 01:11:16 Chuck-Upgrading Woes… is RAM or SSD better?
- 01:18:58 Andrew-SSD for an Older Mac
- 01:27:49 MGG 708 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network