Bryan Chaffin and Jeff Gamet get the band back together and take the show down a new path as The Context Machine, and Jeff gets all excited about mechanical keyboards.
In this episode, Bryan and Jeff discuss Mac keyboards, and what they like about clicky, long-throw keyboards, including the Azio Classic Retro BT keyboard Bryan just reviewed. They also go through a thought experiment on whether Facebook could ever earn our trust on privacy by radically reshaping their policies. They cap the show with a look at how Apple manages to be profitable and green, both.
Last week Dr. Mac showed you how you could improve your typing skills for free at www.typingtest.com. But that’s only half the story. He also types significantly faster on his third-party keyboard than any keyboard Apple has made in the last decade…
We like backlit keyboards. We also like wireless keyboards. Unfortunately, there aren’t too many options that feature both, especially when it comes to Mac-specific models. But accessory firm Matias is looking to change that with the CES announcement of the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight. It’s a sleek Apple-style Bluetooth keyboard with support for up to four devices and, here’s the kicker, separate batteries for the keyboard and the backlight. That means when your energy-hogging backlight goes out, you can keep on typing without skipping a beat. The keyboard ships in June in Silver and Space Gray color options, but you can pre-order now for $139.
- Music and Video Wrapped and Replayed - TMO Daily Observations 2022-12-01
- A Shorter AirDrop and the Happiest Merger on Earth - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-11
- What a Week Monday Was - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-22
- Noise Around Various Voice Assistants - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-23
- A Mixed Reality and Mailbag Monday - TMO Daily Observations 2022-12-05
- Protests in China and Chipmaking in Arizona - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-28
John Kheit has been searching for a wireless keyboard with a numeric trackpad that he likes, and he’s finally found it, the Matias Wireless Aluminum Keyboard. He put it through its paces and fell in love. Check out his full review for more.