If you need to fix Geometry Dash not working with iOS 17, I’ve got your solutions right here. As one of my favorite popular rhythm-based games, I can’t tell you how much time I’ve lost to jumping over blocks and pits. Unfortunately, the game no longer works for me in iOS 17, and it seems I’m not alone. Read on to learn why Geometry Dash doesn’t play well with iOS 17, and what you can do about it.
How Do I Fix Geometry Dash Not Opening in iOS 17?
Before checking out our effective solutions below, consider the following:
- Update Geometry Dash: Major fans of the game hope the upcoming V2.2 update will fix the issue. However, be aware that the game has not received an app update in quite some time. You can update the game via the App Store. Click your user icon in the top-right corner, locate the game, and click Update.
- Play an alternative: While not the perfect solution, alternative games Geometry Dash Lite and Geometry Dash Meltdown both work fine. The spin-off games are likely based on the V2.2, which is why they are able to function within iOS 17.
1. Reinstall the Game
If Geometry Dash isn’t working for you, removing the game and reinstalling it is a potential solution to your issue.
Time needed: 2 minutes
Here’s how to uninstall and reinstall Geometry Dash:
- First, let’s remove the game. Long-press the game’s app icon and select Remove App.
- In the pop-up window, select Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm. This removes the game from your iPhone.
- Download the game again from the App Store.
2. Check the Bit Version of iOS
One issue with Geometry Dash is that it currently only supports 32-bit systems. Unfortunately, iOS 17 only supports 64-bit applications. Knowing where to check whether you’re running 32-bit or 64-bit can help your troubleshooting situation:
- From your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About.
- Tap Applications.
- In the Applications section, it will likely say 64-bit, meaning you can only run 64-bit apps.
Why Does GD Not Work in iOS 17?
The main reason that Geometry Dash doesn’t work is compatibility issues. For iOS 17, there is no support for 32-bit applications. Unfortunately, this includes Geometry Dash. Version 2.2 corrects this issue, and is expected to release soon.
Additionally, users also complain that the game does not work with iOS 15. If that’s the case, you may want to consider updating to a more recent version of iOS via Settings > General > Software Update.
For avid players, having no direct access to Geometry Dash can be a nightmare scenario. As iOS 17 does not support 32-bit applications like Geometry Dash, awaiting an update or trying alternative games are your best bets. While it may not have your high scores and progress, you can still get the same style of gameplay from RobTop Games.
If you have any additional comments, questions, or concerns, let us know in the comments below.