Analyst: Patent Shows Apple's Greater Ambitions
by , 11:20 AM EDT, September 8th, 2006 - Digg This
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu reviewed Apple's patent filing for a multi-functional handheld device, and said it is likely "the fundamental basis and technology behind Apple's cell phone efforts." The device described in the patent filing can potentially include cell phone features, a PDA, a music player, GPS, digital camera, remote control functions, and more.
Mr. Wu stated "We remain upbeat on Apple's prospects in building a material cell phone business given its strong brand name, loyal customer base, and unique user experience helped by its Click Wheel technology and end-to-end business model."
If Apple gains 1 percent of the cell phone market, that could translate into an additional US$2 billion for the company. Based on Apple's current track record, Mr. Wu expects that is a real possibility.
American Technology Research is maintaining its "Buy" rating for Apple stock, and a target price at $91. Apple stock is currently trading at $72.33, down 0.47 (0.65%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates