Analyst: Patent Shows Apple's Greater Ambitions
by , 11:20 AM EDT, September 8th, 2006 - Digg This
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu reviewed Apple's patent filing for a multi-functional handheld device, and said it is likely "the fundamental basis and technology behind Apple's cell phone efforts." The device described in the patent filing can potentially include cell phone features, a PDA, a music player, GPS, digital camera, remote control functions, and more.
Mr. Wu stated "We remain upbeat on Apple's prospects in building a material cell phone business given its strong brand name, loyal customer base, and unique user experience helped by its Click Wheel technology and end-to-end business model."
If Apple gains 1 percent of the cell phone market, that could translate into an additional US$2 billion for the company. Based on Apple's current track record, Mr. Wu expects that is a real possibility.
American Technology Research is maintaining its "Buy" rating for Apple stock, and a target price at $91. Apple stock is currently trading at $72.33, down 0.47 (0.65%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Mon,1:25 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-02: Samsung’s New iPhone Copy, More Apple Car Evidence
- 11:01 AM
- Morgan Stanley Says AAPL’s Market will Grow to $3.4 Trillion
- 10:11 AM
- Apple Adds Cars to its Business in Switzerland
- 9:12 AM
- Apple Builds Mystery Room for Apple Watch Media Event
- Sun,7:18 PM
- MGG 542: Stick This In Your Drive & Partition It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- IiPhoneography 101: Tripods for Your iPhone
- Fri,8:54 PM
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- 7:32 PM
- Last Chance: Pay What You Want for the Learn to Design Bundle
- 4:30 PM
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-27: Apple Watch Media Event Smackdown
- 11:20 AM
- Ericsson Sues Apple after Failing to Reach Patent License Agreement
- 10:01 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Edition to Cost $950