Analyst: Patent Shows Apple's Greater Ambitions
by , 11:20 AM EDT, September 8th, 2006 - Digg This
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu reviewed Apple's patent filing for a multi-functional handheld device, and said it is likely "the fundamental basis and technology behind Apple's cell phone efforts." The device described in the patent filing can potentially include cell phone features, a PDA, a music player, GPS, digital camera, remote control functions, and more.
Mr. Wu stated "We remain upbeat on Apple's prospects in building a material cell phone business given its strong brand name, loyal customer base, and unique user experience helped by its Click Wheel technology and end-to-end business model."
If Apple gains 1 percent of the cell phone market, that could translate into an additional US$2 billion for the company. Based on Apple's current track record, Mr. Wu expects that is a real possibility.
American Technology Research is maintaining its "Buy" rating for Apple stock, and a target price at $91. Apple stock is currently trading at $72.33, down 0.47 (0.65%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Wed,5:10 PM
- iOS OTA update too big? Use iTunes
- 3:50 PM
- iOS 8 Upgrade Recommendations By Device/Model
- 3:15 PM
- A 3D Printed Microscope for Your iPhone for Pennies
- 2:03 PM
- Mpow’s Steambot Y Delivers Bluetooth for Older Cars
- 1:40 PM
- PSA: Skip iCloud Drive if You Sync iCloud Data to Mac or iOS 7
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-17
- 1:02 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- 11:07 AM
- How To Prepare Devices For An iOS 8 Upgrade
- 9:29 AM
- Apple Adds App-Specific Password Support to iCloud
- 8:44 AM
- Reminders: Reuse Old Entries
- Tue,8:02 PM
- Charlie Rose Posts Part 2 of Apple CEO Tim Cook Interview
- 5:10 PM
- Apple Enables iCloud 2-Factor Verification, How to Set it Up