Analyst: Patent Shows Apple's Greater Ambitions
by , 11:20 AM EDT, September 8th, 2006 - Digg This
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu reviewed Apple's patent filing for a multi-functional handheld device, and said it is likely "the fundamental basis and technology behind Apple's cell phone efforts." The device described in the patent filing can potentially include cell phone features, a PDA, a music player, GPS, digital camera, remote control functions, and more.
Mr. Wu stated "We remain upbeat on Apple's prospects in building a material cell phone business given its strong brand name, loyal customer base, and unique user experience helped by its Click Wheel technology and end-to-end business model."
If Apple gains 1 percent of the cell phone market, that could translate into an additional US$2 billion for the company. Based on Apple's current track record, Mr. Wu expects that is a real possibility.
American Technology Research is maintaining its "Buy" rating for Apple stock, and a target price at $91. Apple stock is currently trading at $72.33, down 0.47 (0.65%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue,3:30 PM
- Vidity: A Potential UHD/4KTV Game Changer - Will Apple Play?
- 2:48 PM
- All-Inclusive iOS 9 & Swift 2 Course Bundle: $49
- 1:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-01: The Big Apple TV Studio Debate
- 11:52 AM
- iPhone Jailbreakers Hit with ID Stealing Hack
- 10:14 AM
- Maybe it’s Time for Apple’s Own TV Studio
- Mon,7:38 PM
- Tidal Accuses Apple of Blocking Drake Benefit Stream, but Not According to Drake
- 4:58 PM
- Where Did iTunes Match go for non-Apple Music Subscribers?
- 4:44 PM
- Supercharge Your Mac App Bundle: $39.99
- 4:15 PM
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- 3:14 PM
- Apple Digs Deeper into Enterprise with Cisco Partnership
- 2:00 PM
- Apple Hire Hints at Move into Augmented Reality
- 1:13 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-08-31: Apple’s Content Blockers