Analyst: Patent Shows Apple's Greater Ambitions
by , 11:20 AM EDT, September 8th, 2006 - Digg This
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu reviewed Apple's patent filing for a multi-functional handheld device, and said it is likely "the fundamental basis and technology behind Apple's cell phone efforts." The device described in the patent filing can potentially include cell phone features, a PDA, a music player, GPS, digital camera, remote control functions, and more.
Mr. Wu stated "We remain upbeat on Apple's prospects in building a material cell phone business given its strong brand name, loyal customer base, and unique user experience helped by its Click Wheel technology and end-to-end business model."
If Apple gains 1 percent of the cell phone market, that could translate into an additional US$2 billion for the company. Based on Apple's current track record, Mr. Wu expects that is a real possibility.
American Technology Research is maintaining its "Buy" rating for Apple stock, and a target price at $91. Apple stock is currently trading at $72.33, down 0.47 (0.65%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?