You’ll be pleased to learn how easy this feature is to use, if you haven’t already discovered it.
How to Use the iOS 11 iPad App Switcher
You may not like it at first, because it’s different, but once you get used to it you’ll wonder why Apple didn’t do it this way in the first place.
macOS: Use Terminal to Send Help Viewer to the Back
The Mac’s Help Viewer window always floats on top of other apps, unless you know Melissa Holt’s trick for making it behave.
Find 1Password's Hidden Log of Past Generated Passwords [Update]
Bryan Chaffin recently found this incredibly helpful in recovering a Bitcoin wallet he thought permanently lost, and wants to show others where it is. [Updated with more info.]
- Revealed: The Full Voicemail Message Jon Hamm Left For Tom Hanks
- 'Deliveries' App Update Supports Shortcuts on macOS Monterey
- 'PDF Expert' for iOS Lets You Convert PDFs to Word, More
- Get a Wooden Photo Print With New Offering From Mimeo Photos
- 'PUBG: Battlegrounds' Now Free to Play on all Platforms
- 'MusicMatch' for Mac Now Here, Music Services Expand
macOS: Turning on Your Firmware Password
FileVault protects your Mac’s data from prying eyes, and a firmware password helps protect your computer. Melissa Holt shows how the feature works.
How to Shoot a Vertical Panorama With Your iPhone
It’s amazing what the cameras in our iPhones are capable of.
Here's Why You Still Need to Force Quit Some iPhone Apps
John Gruber penned a piece at Daring Fireball with this premise: iOS is so good at managing background apps that you never need to force quit them. He is 100% correct that this is true about iOS and most apps. Unfortunately, as with most general advice, there are exceptions. We’ll show you how to find them.
iOS: How to See Your Print Queue (and Cancel a Print Job!)
Just like the Mac, the iPhone and iPad have a Print Center where you can see and cancel what you’re printing—if you know where to look.
PSA: Delete One File To Recover Admin On Any Mac
Luckily, there’s a way to make that much more difficult.
- Mailbag Monday! Now on Friday! - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-03
- Stories Financial Analysts Tell - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-07
- Working Longer and Sleeping Better - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-14
- Mixed Feelings on Apple's MR Headset - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-27
- Making India Its Own Thing - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-09
- Cook, China, and the Latest Round of Updates - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-28
macOS: Troubleshooting Incorrectly Addressed Emails
If emails that you send to someone seem to be going to the wrong person (at least, according to Apple Mail), we’re here to help you troubleshoot that. The problem could be in your Contacts program. The problem could be in Mail. Let’s sort it all out!