Apple is celebrating the 103rd anniversary of the U.S. National Park Service with donations, an Apple Watch Activity Challenge, and special collections across its services.
- From August 17 through August 25, Apple will make a $10 donation to the National Park Foundation for each purchase made with Apple Pay at an Apple Store, apple.com or the Apple Store app in the US.
- At the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area this summer, Apple volunteers supported a project led by SAMO Youth, a summer service corps for outstanding local high school juniors and seniors.
- The Apple TV app’s national parks collection will include “Free Solo,” The Smithsonian’s “National Parks Exploration Series” and other relevant TV shows and movies.
- Apple Music will introduce “Nature Awaits,” a brand new playlist inspired by the extraordinary beauty of the country’s parks.
- Apple Podcasts will feature a collection of shows focused on national parks, hosted by the rangers and hikers that love them most.
- Apple Books will feature “Our National Parks,” a themed collection that will guide readers through notable national parks in the United States.
- The App Store will highlight a collection of some of the essential apps to help customers plan for and enjoy their next national park visit.
- On August 25, Apple Watch users around the world can earn an Activity award and animated stickers for Messages inspired by Grand Canyon National Park’s 100th anniversary. To participate, just record a walk, run, hike or wheelchair workout of at least three miles — the distance of the park’s popular South Kaibab Trail to Cedar Ridge and back.