Quick Tips are back with a vengeance! Keyboard shortcuts, calculator corrections, audio sync, offline dictation, email archiving and more. Then it’s time to answer your questions, including migrating Notes between accounts, sizing up the Terminal and dealing with resistant clients. Download and enjoy!
MGG 618: Quick Tips, iCloud Music and Resistant Clients
Sponsor:Bushel: Bushel is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for the Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod devices in your workplace. It’s designed to make the complex tasks simple, so you can focus on what matters most. Visit bushel.com/mgg for 3 free devices for life.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac keyboard shortcuts (2:33)
- Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View (4:17)
- Quick Tip: Offline Dictation with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus (6:46)
- iPhone SE (8:15)
- Adjust time delay for when the dock re-appears (9:32)
defaults write com.apple.dock autohide-time-modifier -int 0; killall dock
- Backspace Digits in iOS’ Calculator with This Swipe Gesture (13:59)
- Use AirPlay to stream content from iTunes on your computer (14:39)
- Photos To Disk (16:15)
- Dropbox (19:08)
- iCloud Drive
- Synology Cloud Station
- mailSTEWARD (24:11)
- Email Archiver Pro
- Evernote (28:52)
- Google Docs
- List of folder sizes from Terminal (39:07)
/Volumes/[Volume Name]/usr/bin/du -sh * | /Volumes/[Volume Name]/usr/bin/sort -r(terminal command to size and list directories)
- iTunes Match (45:36)
- How to move your Mac’s iTunes Library onto an external drive
- Restore Missing Partition on Yosemite (1:09:54)
- About OS X Recovery
- How to choose a startup disk on your Mac
- Roxio VHS to DVD 3 Plus (1:16:57)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed – Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.