This episode is all about geeks helping other geeks. First it’s tips from you helping us and other listeners, including a way to bypass macOS Sierra’s network-mounting password dialog! Then we help you with importing just your Health data, musicians using an iPad at gigs, migrating data from one iPhone to another with an older Mac, managing different photo clouds and much more. Join us by downloading and enjoy!
MGG 630: Label Your Cables!
Sponsor: PDFpen is your swiss army knife for PDF-fu. It’s got all the basics covered, such as, filling and signing forms, making edits, highlighting, and OCRing. And go all the way with redaction, PDF to Word export, page numbering, and its fancy cousin Bates numbering.
Sponsor: VideoBlocks is an affordable, subscription-based stock media site that gives you unlimited access to premium stock footage. Visit VideoBlocks.com/geek2016 to a one-year subscription to both VideoBlocks and AudioBlocks for just $149.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- macOS Sierra: View file, folder, and disk information (2:12)
- TechTool Pro (7:46)
- The USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 Total Nightmare (8:45)
- Connect with Thunderbolt 3 on your late-2016 MacBook Pro (10:51)
- Mac Benchmarks (14:09)
- Refurb Tracker
- Harmony Hub (26:20)
- Apple’s HomeKit Security vs. ioT Botnets – There’s Only So Much Apple Can Do (31:00)
- Health Data Importer (43:51)
- Pull in Activity and Health Data
- Battery Percentage – Your Device Doctor
- MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues (55:59)
- forscore (1:01:10)
- StageNinja Scorpion Clamp
- Mackie DL-1608
- iMazing (1:08:42)
- iCloud Photo Library (1:13:56)
- Amazon Prime Photos
- Google Photos
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed – Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.
00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 630
00:02:12 Brad-Use Get Info to bypass Sierra Security
00:07:46 Patrick-629-Tech Tool Pro will check Fans and Sensors
00:08:45 Bruce-629-USB-C Thunderbolt 3 Cable and Port Nightmare
00:10:51 Jon-629-USB-C Tips and Tricks
00:14:09 Todd-629-Why worried about two cores?
00:26:20 Michael-629-How do I turn on TV with Echo Dot?
00:31:00 HomeKit Security vs. Botnets
00:36:48 SPONSOR: Casper – MGG saves $50
00:39:11 SPONSOR: PDFPen Pro 8 from Smile
00:41:29 SPONSOR: VideoBlocks & AudioBlocks
00:43:51 Allison-Batteries and Migrating Health Data
00:55:59 Doug-MacBook Pro Having Issues
01:01:10 Jim-Using iPad at Gigs
01:08:42 Phil-Migrating from iPhone 5 to iPhone 7
01:13:00 Frank-Top 10 Apps? – Next week!
01:13:56 Josh-Different Photo Clouds