Excited about the macOS Sonoma (macOS 14) released on September 26th? I know I am! While updating is pretty straightforward, there are a few things you’ll want to watch out for. Dive into this guide as I’ll walk you through the steps to ensure a smooth installation.
Here’s the full macOS Sonoma compatibility list:
- iMac (2019 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Studio (2022 and later)
- MacBook Air (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- MacBook Pro (2018 and later)
How To Download and Install macOS Sonoma
Before diving into the installation of macOS Sonoma, it’s paramount to have a backup of your essential files.
Time needed: 1 minute
- In the top-left corner, click Apple menu > System Settings.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- Click Upgrade Now to install macOS Sonoma. However, if the update doesn’t show up immediately, you should check again in a couple of hours.
- Enter your administrator password if prompted.
- Wait for the upgrading process to complete.
If no update appears, your Mac model may not be compatible, or the update isn’t yet available in your region.
That’s your roadmap to seamlessly installing macOS Sonoma on your Mac. Curious about all the nifty features and improvements you’ve just unlocked? Dive into our comprehensive article on macOS Sonoma features. Explore, enjoy, and most importantly, let us know your favorite new additions in the comments below. Don’t forget to share this guide with fellow Mac enthusiasts.