Apple shipped macOS Mojave 10.14.2 on Tuesday. The update includes support for RTT (real-time text) for Wi-Fi calling, makes it easier to move a story from the Apple News app to Safari, and fixes an AirPlay bug involving third-party speakers.
Patch Notes for macOS 10.14.2
The macOS Mojave 10.14.2 update improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Adds RTT (real-time text) support for Wi-Fi calling.
- Adds a menu item to News for opening a story in Safari.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent iTunes from playing media to third-party AirPlay speakers.
- Allows administrators to enable FileVault via MDM for mobile accounts and users created by MDM.
- Allows users to reset their login password at the login window when that password has expired via a password policy.
- Resolves an issue that prevents displays from working when connected to MacBook Pro models introduced in 2018, if certain third-party USB graphics devices are also connected.
The update is a 2.45GB download on an iMac 5K (late 2015) through System Preferences > Software Update.