Today Apple released iOS 13.3, iPadOS 13.3, and tvOS 13.3 with bug fixes, improvements, and a couple of bigger features.
To update go to Settings > General > Software Update.
A featured added to Screen Time is called Communication Limits. This is a good setting for parents that lets them control who their kids can talk to, whether it’s during allowed Screen Time or during downtime. Two controls limit communication to “Everyone” and “Contacts Only.”
This works across Phone, FaceTime, Messages, and iCloud contacts. Communication to known emergency numbers will always be allowed.
In iOS 13 Apple introduced Memoji stickers. They look like emoji except they’re based on your Memoji avatar. Memoji and Animoji stickers were automatically added to the keyboard, but iOS 13.3 gives you the ability to remove this section if you want. Just to go Settings > General > Keyboard.
Full Release Notes
- New parental controls provide more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message
- Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices
- New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
- Easily like or dislike stories with a tap
- Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
- Continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication
- “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
- Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
- Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
- Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
- Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
- Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
- Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
- Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
- Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected