Mysteries are meant to be solved, and when it comes to the mystery that is your “System” disk usage as displayed by macOS, well, that mystery’s not even supposed to exist in the first place. Dave and John dig in to solve this plus a bunch of other questions sent in by you, dear listeners. Press play, listen, learn, and enjoy!
MGG 745: Mystery "System" Disk Usage, APFS, Cookies, and More
Mysteries are meant to be solved, and when it comes to the mystery that is your “System” disk usage as displayed by macOS, well, that mystery’s not even supposed to exist in the first place. Dave and John dig in to solve this plus a...
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 745 for Monday, January 21, 2019
- 00:02:10 Daniel-App to monitor free disk space
- 00:05:32 Answers to Mystery “System” Storage Issues
- 00:17:44 SPONSOR: ExpressVPN – Take back your Internet privacy TODAY and find out how you can get 3 months free. Visit ExpressVPN.com/MGG to learn more.
- 00:21:03 Ben-Mac mini and Display Choices
- 00:32:21 Julian-Mail won’t search
- 00:40:25 Mike-Beware Deleting Emails from Threads in Spark and Gmail
- 00:43:32 SPONSOR: LinkedIn Jobs. Go to LinkedIn.com/MGG and get $50 OFF toward your first job post!
- 00:46:02 Mike-APFS and External Drives
- 00:53:10 Joe-APFS Disk Utilities
- 00:57:59 Don-Invalid inodes on APFS Volumes
- “warning: inode_val: object (old 0x127081): invalid_bsd_flags (0x10)” when running First Aid on snapshots
- 01:04:07 Gray-744-Disable Ad Blockers on Specific Sites
- Right-click on URL in Safari, choose “Settings for This Website,” can enable or disable ad blockers
- 01:08:04 Les-744-Blocked Cookies Were the Culprit
- 01:10:33 Joe-743-Compressed Air Usage
- 01:13:53 Robert-Thoughts on Fingbox
- 01:22:16 MGG 745 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network