The internet is up in arms over the news that MP3 patent licensing has come to an end. Dave Hamilton and Jeff Butts join Jeff Gamet to explain why that’s not the end of the work, or even something to worry about. They also explain why people may be overreacting to the ability to use Alexa Calling to contact anyone who enables the service.
TDO 2017-05-15: The Day the Music Died
- MP3 Wasn’t Killed, it was Set Free
- Alexa Calling gets a bad rap
- Alexa Calling: Amazon Adds Voice Calling to Echo, Echo Dot
- Amazon’s Alexa Calling Feature Works From Your iPhone, too
- TMO Daily Observations Twitter feed