With the announcement of tvOS 17, Apple is once again proving its dedication to enhancing user experience. This update, expected to launch in Fall 2023, is currently available as a developer beta and boasts impressive new features. In this article, we will focus on how to download and install tvOS 17 Beta on Apple TV 4K and HD. Follow along!
Key Features in tvOS 17
One of the most anticipated features in tvOS 17 is the integration of FaceTime. Users of Apple TV 4K can now make and receive FaceTime calls. Moreover, Apple TV seamlessly integrates with the Continuity Camera, allowing users to switch between their iPad or iPhone during a call.
Center Stage is a feature designed to enhance the FaceTime experience on Apple TV. It auto-adjusts the camera focus to keep users in the frame during calls and introduces gesture-based reactions.
Another great addition is Apple Music Sing, previously exclusive to iPhones and iPads, which is now part of the tvOS platform. Users can sing along to their favorite songs and view themselves on screen with special effects.
Moreover, the Siri Remote has been upgraded with new features, including the ability to locate a misplaced remote using an iPhone via the Control Center. But this is not all! Take a look at our dedicated article on the new features for Apple TV to find out more.
How Do I Install tvOS Beta on Apple TV 4K?
If you haven’t set up your Apple TV 4k yet, check out how to set up your Apple TV 4K.
Developer betas are now available to all individuals with an Apple Developer account, eliminating the necessity to pay the annual $99 fee for the Apple Developer Program.
Time needed: 1 minute
Before proceeding, we recommend you install the latest tvOS 16 update to ensure compatibility and smooth installation:
- To install tvOS 16, navigate to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software on your Apple TV’s home screen.
- To download the developer beta, you must have an Apple Developer account. Alternatively, if you’re willing to wait for the public beta, sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program.
- To create a free Apple Developer account go to their official website and click Account. Enter your Apple ID and password and you’re done.
- Before moving on, ensure that your Apple TV is switched on, connected to the same Apple ID, and connected to a stable internet connection.
- From the Home Screen of your Apple TV, select the Settings application.
- Within Settings, scroll down and select System.
- Inside the System menu select Software Updates.
- You will find an option labeled Get Beta Updates. Select this option to proceed.
- You will now be given the option to download and install the developer beta.
tvOS 17 promises a plethora of features and enhancements that are sure to enrich the Apple TV experience. By following the above steps, early adopters can get a taste of these features before the official release. Whether it’s making FaceTime calls from your living room or singing karaoke with Apple Music Sing, tvOS 17 is set to bring entertainment and connectivity to the next level. For further reading, we recommend that you check out how to get iOS 17 Beta on your iPhone.