Soap2Day is a website that allows users to view movies and TV shows for free. Many who use this platform that their devices have been affected by viruses or malware spread through this website. In this guide, we’ll help you understand if Soap2Day is a safe website and how to remove Soap2Day virus from your iOS and macOS.
Is It Safe To Use Soap2Day on Mac?
No, Soap2Day isn’t safe to use. While it isn’t a virus by itself but a platform, we would still recommend you to steer away from using it. Why? Because it serves several pop-up ads from malicious websites that download viruses on your system.
For those unaware, Soap2Day is a website that allows users to stream movies and TV shows for free. All of this content is pirated and piracy is illegal in most countries. Soap2Day generates revenue through the malicious ads displayed on its website.
These advertisements can harm your Mac, PC, etc., in multiple ways. How? Well, these ads push adware, spyware, browser hijackers, etc., that are all considered Potentially Unwanted Programs. Moreover, these Potentially Unwanted Programs then track your browsing history, location, IP address, etc.
How Can I Uninstall Soap2Day From My iPhone?
A prominent issue spread through browsing the Soap2Day website is the Calendar Virus. It created calendar events and spam random notifications like reminders to download apps, website links, pop-up ads etc. There’s a simple solution to get rid of this issue and uninstall the Soap2Day virus from your iPhone.
Time needed: 2 minutes
Remove the Calendar Virus from iPhone.
- Open the Calendars app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the unwanted event.
- Now, tap the Unsubscribe from this Calendar option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Unsubscribe to confirm your selection.
How Can I Remove the Soap2day Virus From My Mac?
Even though macOS is much more secure than other operating systems, it isn’t immune to malware or phishing attacks. There are times when hackers create malware specifically for Mac users. Do you suspect your Mac has been infected by Soap2Day or any other malware? In that case, the fastest solution is to rely on a high-powered antivirus solution like Intego Internet Security because it is capable of removing any cyber threats such as the Soap2day virus, hijackers, phishing scams, and many others, and also preventing them from damaging your Mac from now on.
However, if you’re not willing to try an antivirus solution anytime soon, you can take a look at the following steps:
1. Remove Soap2Day Virus From Your Mac
- Click the Go option in the menu bar and select the Utilities option.
- Select and launch the Activity Monitor app.
- Here, navigate to a process or app that seems unfamiliar and is consuming a lot of resources. It won’t be easily identifiable, but you can make an educated guess. Because, based on the apps and services you use regularly, identifying suspicious activity won’t be difficult.
- Now, select this suspicious activity and click the Stop icon located at the top.
- Click Force Quit to stop the task.
- Next, head back to the menu bar and select the Go option. Here, select the Go to Folder… option from the drop-down list.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents and press return.
- Now, check the LaunchAgents folder for suspicious files. They won’t be easy to spot or identify. To help you, here are a few examples of LaunchAgents that are related to some common Mac malware: com.pcv.hlpramc.plist, com.updater.mcy.plist, com.avickUpd.plist, and com.msp.agent.plist. If you find any of these or something similar, move them to the Trash/Bin.
- Now, head to the menu bar > Go > Go to Folder… and type in the following, ~/Library/Application Support (Make sure you do not miss the “~” tilde symbol).
- In the Application Support screen, search for suspicious folders whose names aren’t related to any Apple product or service and neither are they related to any installed apps. A few examples are Quick Mac Booster, ProgressMatch, and IdeaShared. If you find any, move them to the Bin.
- Again, head to the menu bar > Go > Go to Folder… and type in the following, ~/Library/LaunchAgents (Ensure to include the tilde symbol).
- Here, the LaunchAgents folder will display all the files from the Home Directory. Just like before, look for files that seem suspicious or related to any malware and move them to the Bin.
- For the last time, head to the menu bar > Go > Go to Folder… and type in the following, /Library/LaunchDaemons.
- Look for files that seem suspicious and move them to the Bin. Some examples to help you out are, com.pplauncher.plist, com.startup.plist, and com.ExpertModuleSearchDaemon.plist.
- Next, tap the Go option in the menu bar and select the Applications option.
- On this screen, if you find any app that you haven’t manually installed and seems suspicious, move it to the Bin right away.
- Tap the Apple logo in the menu bar and select the System Settings option.
- Head to General and select the Login Items option.
- On this screen, if you find anything suspicious, click the “–” remove button.
2. Remove Soap2Day Virus From Web Browsers
Your Mac was infected with the Soap2Day virus through a web browser. Browser hijackers, pop-up ads, IP addresses and online activity tracking are some of the malware served on these websites that might have infected your Mac. We suggest you follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of this malware.
1. Remove Soap2Day Virus From Safari Browser
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Click History in the menu bar and select the Clear History… option from the drop-down list.
- Next, click the duration option and select All History.
- Click the Clear History button.
- Click the Safari option in the menu bar and select the Settings… option.
- Head to the Advanced tab and tick the checkbox beside Show features for web developers located at the bottom.
- Click the Develop option from the menu bar and select the Empty Caches option from the drop-down list.
- Go back into Safari Settings and head to the Privacy tab.
- Click the Manage Website Data… button.
- Click the Remove All button to get rid of browsing data that can track your browsing.
- Click the Apple logo in the menu bar and select the Force Quit… option.
- Select Safari and click the Force Quit option.
2. Remove Soap2Day Virus From Chrome Browser
- Open Chrome and click the three dots at the top right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- On the next screen, select the Reset settings option at the bottom left corner.
- Click the Restore settings to their original defaults option and click the Reset settings button in the popup to confirm your selection.
How Do I Download Movies From Soap2day and Stay Safe?
We do not recommend using Soap2Day or any other websites that promote piracy. Numerous malicious softwares infect users’ devices by browsing these websites. We suggest staying away from such illegal streaming websites.
While free entertainment might sound better you must remember, “If a service is free, you are the product.” Whenever you’re browsing such websites, they’re banking on your views to make money. To conclude, piracy is unethical and we do not endorse it.
We hope this article helps you eliminate the Soap2Day virus or any other malware infecting your Mac or iPhone. Such malware deteriorates the user experience to a large extent very quickly. If you have any other doubts or are aware of any other methods that help remove the Soap2Day virus, please let us know in the comment below.