An Amazon robot sent 24 workers to the hospital after it tore open a can of bear spray in a warehouse. The local fire station was called, along with seven ambulances and a medic. (via ABC News).
[Introducing Salto, Another Terrifying Robot]
Deadly Amazon Robot
Okay, so my headline was hyperbole, and it was an accident. But one Amazon employee was in critical condition, while 30 other workers were treated on the scene. According to the official investigation, an “an automated machine accidentally punctured a 9-ounce bear repellent can, releasing concentrated Capsaican. [sic]”
Capsaicin is the chemical that makes hot peppers hot. But in concentrated doses it can burn your skin. A statement from an Amazon spokeswoman said:
Today at our Robbinsville fulfillment center, a damaged aerosol can dispensed strong fumes in a contained area of the facility. The safety of our employees is our top priority, and as such, all employees in that area have been relocated to safe place and employees experiencing symptoms are being treated onsite. As a precaution, some employees have been transported to local hospitals for evaluation and treatment.
The local fire station was called, along with seven ambulances and a medic.
3 thoughts on “Amazon Robot Attacks Employees With Bear Spray”
You beat me to it Lee.
The robots have joined forces with apes that recently escaped from a research center in what they are calling operation Maximum Overdrive.
The Terminator nods in approval.