Apple released Logic Pro X 10.3.1 Tuesday. The update includes a security fix for maliciously crafted GarageBand files. It also improves the way regions perform, edits, and the ability to share 44.1kHz projects to GarageBand for iOS.
Security Patch Notes for Logic Pro X 10.3.1
Released February 21, 2017
- Available for: OS X El Capitan v10.11 and later (64 bit)
- Impact: Opening a maliciously crafted GarageBand project file may lead to arbitrary code execution
- Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed through improved memory handling.
- CVE-2017-2374: Tyler Bohan of Cisco Talos
Regular Patch Notes for Logic Pro X 10.3.1
- Addresses issues that could cause regions to behave unexpectedly while moving them
- Resolves an issue where regions on inactive Track Alternatives could get deleted
- Global edits that cut or insert time are now also applied to inactive Track Alternatives
- Projects using sample rates other than 44.1kHz can now be shared to GarageBand for iOS
If you have Logic Pro X installed, you’ll find the update in the Mac App Store.