eToro has begun the phased introduction of its multi-cryptocurrency wallet to iOS, starting with limited countries. The firm said this is to help ensure a positive customer experience, but didn’t make clear which users will have access to it when.
eToro support for multiple currencies
The e3Toro wallet currently supports Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin. More currencies will be added in future. It will also allow users to invest in stocks, including Apple, and key indices.
CEO Yoni Assia said: “Just as eToro has opened up traditional markets for investors, we want to do the same in a tokenized world. The eToro wallet is a key part of this.”
The app will allow users to:
- Invest in stocks (Apple, Nike, Facebook, BP, Nintendo)
- Invest in currencies (USD, EUR, GBP)
- Invest in cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum)
- Invest in indices (NASDAQ, FTSE, DAX)
- Invest in commodities, (oil, gold, silver, copper)
- Invest in ETFs (DIA, FXI, GDX)
- Invest in eToro’s next generation product – CopyPortfolios™ investment strategies
- Choose top traders to copy and let them manage your funds
- Get real on-time notifications about market events
Mr Assia added: “The eToro wallet today is just the beginning and we will adding a whole host of additional functionality which will include supporting additional crypto and fiat tokens, crypto to crypto conversion, the ability to deposit fiat, payment in store and more.”