Apple released tvOS 14.2 for the fourth and fifth generations of Apple TV. Unlike its other operating system updates we don’t get release notes other than “general performance and stability improvements.”
Install the update by going to System > Software Update.
Here are some of the features that the main tvOS 14 update brought:
- Using one or more HomePods as speakers to get stereo, surround sound, and Dolby Atmos audio for the Apple TV 4K.
- Multi-user support for gaming so that everyone in your house and keep track of their individual game levels, leaderboards, and invitations within Game Center.
- HomeKit camera support to get doorbell notifications onscreen, see a live view of your front door, and keep an eye on all your HomeKit camera feeds.
- Audio sharing so you can connect two sets of AirPods to your Apple TV.
- Picutre-in-Picture lets you watch a TV show or movie in a small window while you do other things, like checking your HomeKit camera feed.