Apple has a support page that tells customers how to manage AppleCare plans. Whether it’s AppleCare+ or AppleCare Protection, it’s possible to cancel your plan and get a refund.
You can manage AppleCare from an iOS device, Mac, or PC. It uses the same payment information linked to your Apple ID.
Cancel an AppleCare Plan Paid in Full
If you already paid for your AppleCare plan, you can still cancel it. Things to keep in mind:
- If you cancel your AppleCare plan within 30 days of your purchase date, you’ll get a full refund, minus the value of any service already provided.
- If you cancel your AppleCare plan more than 30 days after your purchase, you’ll get a refund based on the percentage of unexpired AppleCare coverage, minus the value of any service already provided. You can find more information about AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+ in the the AppleCare product Terms and Conditions. If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, you can find more information in the Insurance Documents.
What You’ll Need to Cancel
- The AppleCare agreement number from the Proof of Coverage certificate.
- The serial number of the Apple device your AppleCare plan covers.
- Your original sales receipt. If you bought the AppleCare plan and the device it covers directly from Apple, we might not need to see your receipt.