Apple seeded beta 4 for iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 on Monday for developers, a couple of weeks after beta 3.
iOS 14.5 Beta 4
The over-the-air update can be installed via Settings > General > Software Update for those who already have the beta profile. Or, developers can sign up at the Apple Developer Center.
Features coming to iOS | iPadOS 14.5 include:
- Unlock With Apple Watch: People who have an Apple Watch can unlock their iPhone with the device. This is a great alternative to using Face ID while wearing a mask.
- Fitness+ Gets AirPlay 2 Support: At launch you could only start a Fitness+ workout on an Apple TV, iPhone, or iPad. But if you have a TV that supports AirPlay 2 you can start a workout on your iPhone or iPad and stream it to your TV.
- Apple Card: 9To5Mac found snippets of code about a couple of features. They could arrive with iOS 14.5 or a later release. First, multiple family members can be added to a single Apple Card account. Second, something called FinHealth could bring automated suggestions to improve your finances.
- iPad: When you boot up your iPad the Apple logo will appear horizontally. Second, the iPad gets emoji search the iPhone received with iOS 14.
- Reminders: Sort reminders by title, priority, due date, and creation date, and print out reminder lists in iOS 14.5.
- Apple Maps: This mapping tool gets user-generated features like sharing crash reports, reporting speed traps, and warning of road hazards that appear in real time.