Quick tips to start: copying mail (instead of moving it), editing your default Touch Bar, a new way to create pinned tabs in Safari, ejecting an external Blu-ray, and disabling notifications. After that it’s time to answer your questions about secure email, SSD upgrades, keychain errors, portable audio recording setups and much more. Press play and enjoy!
MGG 634: Mail Tips & Solving Generic Dock Icons
Sponsor: Casper makes an obsessively-engineered mattress at a shockingly fair price. Latex foam and memory foam come together to make for better nights and brighter days. Visit www.casper.com/mgg and get $50 towards any mattress purchase!
Sponsor: VideoBlocks is an affordable, subscription-based stock media site that gives you unlimited access to premium stock footage. Visit VideoBlocks.com/mgg to a one-year subscription to both VideoBlocks and AudioBlocks for just $149.
Sponsor: eero: With eero, you can install an enterprise-grade WiFi system in your home in just a few minutes. Simply download the eero app on your iOS or Android devices, and it’ll walk you through each step of the process. Use code MGG to get free expedited shipping!
Note: Show Notes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 634
- 00:02:33 Patrick-QT-Copying instead of moving email
- 00:03:49 Paul-QT-Delete Siri from Touch Bar
- 00:05:06 Ken-Tips for Apple Watch & TouchID
- 00:07:57 Ken-QT-Create Pinned Tabs in Safari
- 00:09:12 Michael-QT-Ejecting External Bluray
- “drutil eject external” to eject external Blu-ray disks
- External Blu-ray from Amazon
- 00:11:52 Dave-QT-Disabling Notifications
- 00:14:03 Thomas-632-Firefox System Proxy
- 00:16:15 Mike-632-Cannot Trash this Folder!
- 00:18:00 Sal Soghoian Left, Watch Keyboard Maestro
- 00:23:28 Allison-Photos vs. All Photos
- 00:24:59 SPONSOR: Drobo – MGG20 saves 20%!
- 00:27:24 SPONSOR: Videoblocks – only $149 for 1 year
- 00:29:23 Joy-Secure Proton email and podcast bookmarks
- 00:41:44 Ernesto-Best procedure for SSD Upgrade?
- 00:45:38 Brooks-Web pages looking weird
- 00:50:25 Brett-Replacing Bluetooth with USB
- 00:57:53 SPONSOR: Casper – MGG saves $50
- 01:00:14 SPONSOR: eero – MGG gets free expedited shipping
- 01:03:44 Bill-Keychain Error when Initiating Time Machine
- 01:06:33 Jason-Portable Audio Recording Setup
- 01:11:45 Jürgen-Generic Dock icons
- 01:14:02 Mike-Comcast XFINITY profile and auto VPN on iOS <http://wifi.xfinity.com/security>
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed – Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.