Security is on the brain this week! Learn how to secure your iCloud account and also learn how to secure your entire home network from your ISP’s prying eyes! Dave and John also help you determine what devices and processes are using your network, and what the difference is between WPA2 Personal and Enterprise. All of this and more in this week’s Mac Geek Gab. Press play and enjoy!
Are You Secure with Your Security? – Mac Geek Gab 650
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 650 for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- 00:01:32 Dave’s Upcoming Speaking Gigs
- 00:04:40 Jamie-CSF-648-Song Sergeant
- 00:06:17 Mike-CSF-WordService
- 00:07:42 Customizing the Services Menu Helps You Optimize macOS
- 00:08:08 David-CSF-Magnet
- 00:13:49 Lawyer Jeff-CSF-Sprayway Glass Cleaner
- 00:16:18 CSF-Lima
- 00:25:09 SPONSOR: You! and MGG Pemium
- Thanks to John V., Stephen A., George M., Craig R., Andrew B., Nick S., Fernando F., David H., Andrew S., Giles C., Royce T.
- 00:37:33 Andy-Apple Watch and WiFi issues
- 00:39:30 Bill-iCloud Security
- 00:53:18 Adrian-Whole House VPN Options
- 01:02:45 Traveling to China and maintaining internet access
- 01:08:08 Roger-Best options for International Data and SIM Cards
- 01:13:29 Andrew-It’s all Personal. WPA2 vs WPA/WPA2
- 01:19:23 Daniel-Diagnose Mysterious Network Connection
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed – Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.