Assuming that you’re the organizer, here’s how to set up Family Sharing.
- On your iOS device, open Settings.
- At the top (on iOS 11) you’ll see your name and photo. Tap on that. In the middle menu, tap on Set Up Family Sharing.
- You’ll be asked to choose which feature you want to set up first. Tap on the one you want and follow onscreen instructions like adding a photo and entering your credit card security code.
- Tap on the person you want to assign as the parent/guardian.
- Then, add family members from your contacts to send them invites.
- Each member will get a notification on their device that they can tap on and accept. Family Sharing will be set up automatically for them.
Family members can share purchases on up to 10 devices, 5 of which can be computers.
iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Open the store app that you want to download content from, then go to the Purchased page:
- iTunes Store: On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap More > Purchased.
- iBooks: Tap Purchased.
- App Store: Tap Updates > Purchased.
- Tap the family member’s name to see their purchases. Tap on the cloud button to download an item.
- Open the iTunes, iBooks, or the Mac App Store, then go to the Purchased page.
- iTunes: Click Store, then Purchased under Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes window.
- iBooks: Click iBooks Store, then Purchased under Quick Links on the right side of the iBooks window.
- Mac App Store: Click Purchased.
- To the right of Purchased, select a family member’s name to view their content. Download or play the items that you want.
- On your Apple TV, select Movies, TV Shows, or App Store.
- Select Purchased > Family Sharing, then select your family member to see their content. You can access shared movies, TV shows, and apps on Apple TV, but not music.