Sometimes things go very wrong with Apple’s tech support department. And hey, that’s why Mac Geek Gab is here to help. But what happens when MGG has issues with Apple’s support? They get answers is what happens, and then they share what they’ve learned about properly navigating that murky mess.
That’s not all they share, though, because you have your questions, too. Scheduled restarts, spam management, subtitles on your own movies, and more. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
MGG 701: Navigating The Apple Support Mire
Sometimes things go very wrong with Apple’s tech support department. And hey, that’s why Mac Geek Gab is here to help. But what happens when MGG has issues with Apple’s support? They get answers is what happens, and then they share what they’ve learned about...
Sponsor: RoboForm Password Manager: With RoboForm, you will never need to remember or type your passwords again! Save all your logins for secure and easy access. Get $10 off Your RoboForm Everywhere subscription with code
Sponsor: Jamf Now: Jamf Now helps you manage your Apple devices from anywhere. You can configure settings, protect sensitive information, even lock or wipe a device — from anywhere. Jamf Now secures your stuff — so you can focus on your business instead. No IT expertise needed. Visit jamf.com/mgg for 3 free devices for life.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 701 for Monday, March 19, 2018
- 00:02:31 Gary-Scheduled Restart
- System Preferences | Energy Saver | Schedule | Click on Sleep Checkbox, Change to Restart
- 00:05:33 Steve-iOS Mail Spam
- 00:08:03 Chuck-GC-Add Subtitles to Home Movies?
- 00:11:15 Nathan-699-Bill’s Finder Crashes related to Drive Genius?
- 00:13:50 Patrick-QT-AT&T’s BOGO iPhone Promotion
- 00:15:34 David-Use AFP if SMB Cuts Out
- 00:18:17 SPONSOR: Roboform – Save $10 off your Roboform Subscription using code MGG today.
- 00:20:16 SPONSOR: JAMF Now – Signup at jamf.com/mgg and Get your First 3 Devices Free For Life!
- 00:22:06 Adrian-Managing iOS Devices
- 00:25:50 MDM on macOS and iOS
- 00:30:46 Dennis-Tale of Woe with a Wonky iPad
- 00:35:34 FaceID is slow
- 00:38:00 Elon Musk at SXSW
- 00:39:32 Eddy Cue at SXSW
- 00:41:34 Science Fair Movie
- 00:44:20 Getting answers from Apple about a pending repair
- 00:54:02 This week’s MGG Premium Subscribers:
- Harvey S., Rob A., Scott F., John G., Barry F., James C., Joe S., Paul M., Ari L., Michael P., Bob L., Jeff P., John V., Stephen A., John D., Santiago M., Ken from Kailua, Gary B., Stephanie E., Eolake, Joe S., David T., Domenico B., Mike F., Ericka R., Graham M., Mike Z., Ric S., Craig R., William P.
- 00:55:44 Chuck-Duplicate OS Updates?
- 00:58:31 David-Did my router hit a wall?
- 01:06:50 Bob-U-Verse and Eero together – Yep. They work but Eero in bridge mode
- 01:11:43 Rob-Mac boots to blank grey screen
- 01:16:41 MGG 701 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network