Phil Schiller’s Big Adventure

• Posted: 03 January 2009 06:09 PM

We’re approaching the opening of what may be the last Macworld Expo and Phil Schiller embarking on his big adventure as the last Apple executive to keynote this event.

What should we expect from Mr. Schiller - aside from the regular rumor ramblings about new hardware products - as he takes the stage next week?

Will we receive info ahead of the earnings release and quarterly conference call with analysts about iPhone and app store sales?

What companies might have representatives brought on stage to showcase new products?

What are your expectations for Mr. Schiller’s presentation next week?

Posted: 03 January 2009 06:35 PM #1

DawnTreader - 03 January 2009 10:09 PM

Two scenarios:

If Mr. Schiller is to take over from Mr. Jobs as CEO of Apple, I expect him to start with a big bang of an announcement. If he is to take over the helm at Apple, he will have to prove that he is as capable as Jobs to wow the crowds and that he is a worthwhile successor to him, and he will have to start his tenure with his own brand, and style. He will try to mark the beginning of a new era at Apple, which must be the same Apple as before, but different. (Confusing, eh?). A tablet PC, an Apple netbook, or a whole new widget that is completely Phil Schiller and not Steve Jobs.

- OR -

Mr. Schiller is standing in for Mr. Jobs because there is very little that will be announced. He may present a humdrum update to some Apple products, a speed bump in some product line, maybe some preliminary financial results (unlikely), only to be interrupted by a phone call from SJ…

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 03 January 2009 06:58 PM #2

Actually, a phone call from SJ would be funny!

Posted: 03 January 2009 07:00 PM #3

Mr Schiller will do great.  He is being coached by one of the best presenters in the business and wether SJ shows or not he will have been over every inch of the presentation.

Start with Itunes Over 6B songs sold., 400M Applications, 300M TV shows WOW.  Bring up the Music execs and announce release of Itunes Plus for all tracks same great price.  T

Back to Schiller Mac sales growth over 10M new MACs in 2008.  Demo new IMac, MAC Mini, Mac Pro in Feb with Intel I7 and Mac Book Pro 17’ Quad Core.

Switch to Snow Leopard speed comparison of the new hardware on Leopard vs Snow Leopard.  Wow!  Free upgrade to Snow Leopard with new Mac purchase.  Available in June

Software demo of new ILife/Iwork Suite on mobile me.  Free to all Mobile Me subscribers. 

On to Iphone 20M sold to date.  Joined on stage by China Mobile CEO.  Announce new Iphone for China/Korea GSM/TD-SCDMA $99 price also available US non 3G via Walmart.  Demo couple new software features.

One More Thing
    Finally lights dim and SJ appears on stage with a NetBook and Tablet.  He says he can’t decide which to build so he will let America decide.  Call in numbers or text Netbook/Tablet.  Voting will continue until end of Mac World

Lights come up curtain opens SJ on stage with Sir Paul singing Let It Be announcing the release of the Beatles catalog :-D

It great to dream big.  Reality is its a show as much as anything.  Apple will deliver many great things this year but probably a lot of them will not be announced at Mac World.

• Posted: 03 January 2009 08:49 PM #4

And then you woke up!  :wink:  LOL

Posted: 03 January 2009 11:38 PM #5

It seems to me that, Phil Schiller has always play the part of Comic Relief in the presentations. The guy that was a little goofy, that people laughed at. I’m sure that in business he is quite the serious executive. But most of what the public has seen in the past is the funny guy. This may be why the media doesn’t look at him as a serious successor to the throne. So, will we see a more serious Phil, which may indicate his new role, or just someone who’s there just to entertain?  rolleyes

:apple:

• Posted: 04 January 2009 05:55 AM #6

DawnTreader - 03 January 2009 10:09 PM

We’re approaching the opening of what may be the last Macworld Expo and Phil Schiller embarking on his big adventure as the last Apple executive to keynote this event.

What should we expect from Mr. Schiller - aside from the regular rumor ramblings about new hardware products - as he takes the stage next week?

Will we receive info ahead of the earnings release and quarterly conference call with analysts about iPhone and app store sales?

What companies might have representatives brought on stage to showcase new products?

Read this last week somewhere: In every Apple enthusiast’s fantasy, Schiller’s keynote will end with this sentence:

“Oh, and one more thing…Steve, will you please join me on the stage?”

• Posted: 04 January 2009 11:39 AM #7

It would be nice to put all of the health rumors to rest.

This most likely will be the last Macworld Expo. It’s an annual event that has outlived its time for both IDG and Apple. There are better and less costly ways for Apple, developers and Mac and iPhone constituent product makers to reach consumers and build the platforms.