New ipod shuffle

• Posted: 11 March 2009 09:44 AM

And it talks to you…

Press release here!

Signature

• Posted: 11 March 2009 09:59 AM #1

Nobody saw this coming.This might wake people up to the fact that Apple is always thinking ahead. What could be next?

What I don’t like about the new shuffle though is that you need to use the included earbuds and not better quality ones that don’t fall out of your ears.

• Posted: 11 March 2009 10:02 AM #2

The Voice-over seems like a test… first iPod shuffe….next: iPhone! (....navigation???)

Posted: 11 March 2009 10:04 AM #3

Well, the feature certainly makes the most sense on a device on which there is no way of seeing what you’re listening to.

• Posted: 11 March 2009 10:07 AM #4

or….if you need the device to tell you which way to go….

Posted: 11 March 2009 10:11 AM #5

Just ordered a silver one….

Don’t know why, just to give it to someone after playing with it for a little while.

Nice to see them actually moving along without the Jobster, a new product every month or update would be nice in this silly season of financial ups and downs.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 11 March 2009 10:19 AM #6

Historically speaking, Apple’s best days in the 1976-1998 period were the early to mid 90s years, when Jobs wasn’t at the helm. Crappy management beginning around 1993-1994 eventually led the company downhill.

• Posted: 11 March 2009 10:48 AM #7

I found it interesting that when you sync to a PC the voice over sounds like a computer generated robot and when you sync to a Mac it sounds more human.Is that a subliminal message to PC users?

Posted: 11 March 2009 10:57 AM #8

wildguess - 11 March 2009 01:48 PM

I found it interesting that when you sync to a PC the voice over sounds like a computer generated robot and when you sync to a Mac it sounds more human.Is that a subliminal message to PC users?

Nah. Windows and Tiger just use an older voice synthesis system.

• Posted: 11 March 2009 11:10 AM #9

Love the new design but locking you into the Apple headphones is a BIG deal breaker imo.

• Posted: 11 March 2009 11:19 AM #10

dynein - 11 March 2009 02:10 PM

Love the new design but locking you into the Apple headphones is a BIG deal breaker imo.

I was wondering how you can use this iPod in a car??? A normal AUX-out cable wont work….  an additional xtra cable??

Posted: 11 March 2009 11:20 AM #11

dynein - 11 March 2009 02:10 PM

A third party adapter will come soon as a minimum.  Third party earbuds with inline controls will follow.  These will also be compatable with the touch as well.  Shouldn’t be an issue long term.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 11 March 2009 01:10 PM #12

Nice.

This is the Apple difference - taking a simple concept and turning it into a best-seller.

Real nice.

Posted: 11 March 2009 02:11 PM #13

LOL

this thing is so cool.

LOL

Posted: 11 March 2009 03:45 PM #14

I thought the whole thing about having different voices depending on whether you sync to a Mac or PC was really funny. If you sync to a Mac then your shuffle sounds like Hal 9000. If you sync to a Windows PC it sounds like a Speak and Spell machine on Mogodon.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 11 March 2009 03:55 PM #15

I got to thinking…

Remember a few months ago, when the ONLINE ONION did the SPOOF on the new MacBook with no keys and only one huge button in the middle?

Well, they topped this one.

Took the BUTTON away too!

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition