Keyspan remote

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:07 PM

Does anyone own one of those little white Keyspan remotes that the magazines advertise as great for presentations, DVD playback, etc?

What I really would like to know is ... Can I use it with iTunes? I haven’t seen any documentation for or against the possibility.

Picture this:

I’m at Starbucks…

I have a tibook.

I’ve got a caramel macchiato (skim milk, of course) in one hand and the cute little barista who makes the drink in the other.

I’ve got the remote and I shuffle through my extensive library of songs. I think it’s too perfect.

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA
    God bless our troops in Iraq and everywhere.

GO STEELERS. GO PIRATES. and GO PENGUINS (ummm, well ...)

Posted: 26 June 2001 12:52 PM #1

Outstanding.  Starbucks is my favorite place to write too, BTW.  There’s one here in town with this huge outdoor patio.  It’s a great place.

Anyway, I have heard tale that the Keyspan Remote is indeed what it is cracked up to be, but I can’t give you a quote.  I just don’t remember where that was…

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:01 PM #2

You gotta love Texas. Starbucks with a patio. Wow. Never saw one of those! Now I’m in the mood for coffee.

thanks, Bryan! Good to know you’ve heard that the remote is worthwhile.

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA

Posted: 26 June 2001 01:04 PM #3

Yeah, but that’s “heard” as in, “Yeah, I heard they were cool…”  I don’t remember where I “heard” it, and my comments should thus be taken with a grain of salt.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:07 PM #4

Well, still, you are the first person to reply. I think the concept is cool. I’m very surprised we dont see all sorts of companies coming out with remote controls. Makes perfect sense.

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA