Share your favorite photos (that YOU took!)

Posted: 31 July 2007 07:50 AM #46

I recognise that place! It’s the front steps to one of the hangars covering Qin Shi Huang’s (秦始皇) terra cotta warriors.

I’ll be spending most of my time in Shanghai though.

• Posted: 31 July 2007 11:19 AM #47

Actually, you have the right city but its not the Terra Cotta warriors shrine, its another one, we had to do a (rather lame actually) scavenger hunt in the main city and this was one of the locations. Here is the statue out front:

Can’t remember what that guy’s name is, think he is a famous monk from the city.

Little girl in the other shot is walking up steps you can’t quite make out behind the arch in the back.

Cool tower if you do get to go sometime, great view of the city from the top of the shrine.

Signature

Homer (to Chinese guide): You guys are Commies? Then why am I seeing rudimentary free markets?
    Chinese Audience: (massive collective sushh sound)
    -Simpsons, Season 16 Episode 12

• Posted: 02 September 2007 05:22 PM #48

This critter lives in the pile of firewood behind my new place in San Diego.

Posted: 08 September 2007 08:21 AM #49

First set of Shanghai photos!  Enjoy.

I only uploaded the ones I liked, so I guess they’re all favorites, right? Right?

:D

• Posted: 08 September 2007 11:54 AM #50

Great photos! Looks like a wonderful trip. In particular I enjoyed the one with the filthy, abandoned bike that still appears to be locked to something.

• Posted: 09 September 2007 11:25 PM #51

My four-year-old cousin and his dog. Click each to enlarge.

Posted: 03 October 2007 08:54 AM #52

After spending the night in a freezing yurt during a trip to Xinjiang province (the silk road area), I took this photo of Heavenly Lake (a breathtakingly beautiful place) early in the morning.

I’ve also uploaded a few more photos of Shanghai And Xinjiang onto Flickr.

Unfortunately my camera was exposed to large amounts of fine sand in the desert, and has been behaving strangely since then… I’m hoping it’s just a temporary issue.

• Posted: 11 November 2007 10:12 AM #53

Posted: 12 November 2007 01:28 AM #54

NIce one, David. I haven’t seen much blue sky and wheat since I got here.

Here’s a photo I took yesterday:

• Posted: 12 November 2007 11:40 AM #55

Nice! Is that a macro of your typical size padlock, or is it something else?

Posted: 13 November 2007 12:02 AM #56

Yup. Close-up shot of an old padlock, taken with my faithful Sony DSC-T9.

Posted: 13 November 2007 04:49 AM #57

Ah, Paris… Fond memories.  smile

• Posted: 08 December 2007 10:36 PM #58

A seagull in a series of photos taken today at Torrey Pines State Beach near San Diego, CA.

Edit: Something screwy is going on with the forums. I’ve quintuple-checked the BBCode and it just isn’t working.

• Posted: 13 January 2008 02:02 AM #59

Posted: 15 January 2008 02:41 AM #60

Woah. I’m speechless.

Where was the photo taken?