iPad

• Posted: 12 February 2010 06:07 PM #166

The bigger egg will crack when a big name popular author goes iPad with Apple, bypassing the publishers. That will be a wild game of musical chairs.

Posted: 12 February 2010 08:50 PM #167

“Amazon may compete with Apple iPad by giving away free Kindles”

I think that this is great. I could use a new doorstop. A use the iPad would never be suited for.  tongue laugh

:apple:

Posted: 13 February 2010 12:15 AM #168

danthemason - 12 February 2010 10:07 PM

The bigger egg will crack when a big name popular author goes iPad with Apple, bypassing the publishers. That will be a wild game of musical chairs.

Good point.  I hope Al Gore’s next wonderful book will be first published on the iPad!

• Posted: 13 February 2010 06:16 AM #169

I’m sure you meant first wonderful ........

• Posted: 15 February 2010 01:40 PM #170

I didnt see if it was in any other post but will the Ipad be 4G or 3G? and if you could please post a full list of its specs that would be wonderful !!

Posted: 16 February 2010 01:31 PM #171

Looks like the iPad competition is coming on strong. Not a bad looking product.  I like the base and the smaller screen size. 
    http://www.openpeak.com/OpenTablet7.php

Signature

ldrhawke

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups or of Hedge Funds that Naked Short Sell aapl

Posted: 16 February 2010 05:06 PM #172

ldrhawke - 16 February 2010 05:31 PM

Looks like the iPad competition is coming on strong. Not a bad looking product.  I like the base and the smaller screen size. 
    http://www.openpeak.com/OpenTablet7.php

Did you notice the top left hand app button is a phone?

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 16 February 2010 05:36 PM #173

The OpenTablet 7 beautifully combines the highest quality VoIP telephony with an advanced multi-media communications and information center, converging voice, video, and data into an attractive and portable device.

Not the cell phone type of phone grin.  Look like an improved concept of video conferencing device for home.

Edit:

Ok, I’m right.  Extracted is their vision:

With the introduction of the OpenFrame, OpenFrame 7 and OpenTablet 7, OpenPeak has created a new product category: the fourth screen for the home. In much the same way that smart phones redefined what people expect from mobile phones, the OpenFrame and OpenTablet models will redefine what people expect from a home phone.

[ Edited: 16 February 2010 05:39 PM by Mace ]

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 16 February 2010 07:04 PM #174

Wired Comes to the iPad, Version 2.0

Although we did see some of this in the iPad keynote, see also the video here for some easily digestible insights into the immediate future of electronic publishing…

[ Edited: 16 February 2010 07:14 PM by info ]