AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 20 May 2010 09:09 PM #91

Eric Landstrom - 20 May 2010 05:37 PM

I think the last four weeks is a technical correction and not capitulation.

Eric, is this your view on BAC or on the markets in general?

Posted: 20 May 2010 09:29 PM #92

capablanca - 20 May 2010 05:57 PM

An anti-Apple alliance led by a man who until recently had a duty to serve Apple shareholders.

Am I the only shareholder who wants to sue Eric Schmidt for stealing from me?

I think the question is: Why did Apple even hire Eric Schmidt? Did Apple hope to glean needed information from him about a competitor and who’s to say that they didn’t. Was he fed false information, knowing that he would “phone home” to his real job? Or was Apple really this gullible believing that he could be controlled and trusted. What appears to be a mistake, may turn-out to be an advantage. Time will tell.  rolleyes

:apple:

• Posted: 20 May 2010 10:38 PM #93

rmhe1999 - 20 May 2010 11:44 PM
    Zeke - 20 May 2010 10:49 PM

I intend to stay all cash until I see some reason for a turn-around.  I don’t see much opportunity for that before Apple earnings.  The probability of bad news world-wide is much higher than good.

What about the June 7th WWDC and the introduction of the next iPhone? Speaking of Jobs pulling out a surprise, I’m still hoping (although not expect) a Verizon iPhone announcement. I suspect though that no amount of good news can counteract the market sentiment right now….

The next iPhone has already been announced by Gizmodo.  Apple has pulled out of future WWDC’s.  I’d be surprised if SJ made an appearance there.  Verizon is the most likely good news, but there’s always the possibility (probability?) that the CDMA iPhone is for the China market.  Not much good stuff on the horizon that hasn’t already been priced in, IMHO.

• Posted: 20 May 2010 10:52 PM #94

Zeke - 21 May 2010 01:38 AM

The next iPhone has already been announced by Gizmodo.  Apple has pulled out of future WWDC’s.  I’d be surprised if SJ made an appearance there.  Verizon is the most likely good news, but there’s always the possibility (probability?) that the CDMA iPhone is for the China market.  Not much good stuff on the horizon that hasn’t already been priced in, IMHO.

Did I miss out on a press announcement that Apple pulled out of WWDC?  MacWorld, yes, but WWDC? 

I think there will be plenty of anticipation with the 4G on June 7.  And the upside will be felt if the phones are immediately available, putting unit sales in Q3 (4mm units in June are being bandied about).  Earnings in July will be another positive surprise.  I’m not counting on any Verizon announcement, despite persistent rumors it will happen sooner than we think.

• Posted: 20 May 2010 10:56 PM #95

VTBoy - 21 May 2010 12:09 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 20 May 2010 05:37 PM

I think the last four weeks is a technical correction and not capitulation.

Eric, is this your view on BAC or on the markets in general?

Best trade of the day for me:  Bot BAC $15.53.  Sold BAC $15.67.  Bought Oct 240’s for $28.15.  Not sure how that’s going to work out tomorrow. 

Meanwhile, AMZN’s P/E is 50+ and AAPL is an unimpressive 20.  What exactly do AMZN shareholders smoke during the day?

• Posted: 20 May 2010 11:09 PM #96

Zeke, I know you can be negative but please can you provide citations for Apple pulling out of WWDC? Unless it happened today under the noise of the Google stuff I thought I might have noticed this.

Signature

• Posted: 20 May 2010 11:09 PM #97

Mercel - 21 May 2010 01:52 AM

Did I miss out on a press announcement that Apple pulled out of WWDC?  MacWorld, yes, but WWDC? 

I think there will be plenty of anticipation with the 4G on June 7.  And the upside will be felt if the phones are immediately available, putting unit sales in Q3 (4mm units in June are being bandied about).  Earnings in July will be another positive surprise.  I’m not counting on any Verizon announcement, despite persistent rumors it will happen sooner than we think.

Ack!  Brain dead!  Was thinking WWDC instead of Mac World.  Still, anything but an over-the-top, bombshell announcement at WWDC will be a disappointment and the stock will suffer accordingly.  It’s happened before.

• Posted: 20 May 2010 11:15 PM #98

So, the iPad - now bigger than the Mac?

Jonny Evans

Sure looks like Apple has a hit on its hands—the iPad is now outselling the Mac, at least according to RBC Capital Markets analyst, Mike Abramsky.

That analyst released new research to clients this am, in which he raised his 2010 iPad sales estimates to eight million, up from the five million originally predicted. He cites the international launches and continued strong US sales for the extra sales.

For the quarter ending June the analysts predicts a total 2.4 million iPad sales, 1.8 million in the US.

?Checks indicate that US iPad sales remain strong post-launch, driven by rising consumer visibility to iPad?s user experience, sustained PR/word-of-mouth marketing, 3G iPad launch, and broadening iPad apps/content,? Abramsky wrote.

?We believe Apple is now selling >200k iPads/week, greater than US Macs (est. 110k Macs/week) and just below US iPhone 3GS first quart (246k/week).?

iPad accessory sales are also booming, driving yet more revenue to Apple?s coffers, leading Abramsky to cite a $350 price target on AAPL stock.

So—the iPad is now bigger than the Mac? Perhaps that’s why Steve Jobs thinks it’s so ‘magical’.

• Posted: 20 May 2010 11:47 PM #99

WillRob

Something which in its most expensive form costs less than the cheapest Mac? Why wouldn’t it outsell the Mac?

Signature

• Posted: 20 May 2010 11:57 PM #100

rattyuk - 21 May 2010 02:47 AM

WillRob

Something which in its most expensive form costs less than the cheapest Mac? Why wouldn’t it outsell the Mac?

It’s new.  It’s hot.  It’s less money.  No surprise to me either.

• Posted: 21 May 2010 12:05 AM #101

Changewave is reporting an impressive satisfaction rating of 91% for iPad owners.  Some great information on satisfaction and demand here.

• Posted: 21 May 2010 12:39 AM #102

Friday

R4         262.19
      midpoint   258.37
    R3       254.55
      midpoint   250.73
    R2       246.91
      midpoint   244.63
    R1       242.34
      midpoint   240.81
    PP       239.27
      midpoint   236.99
    S1       234.70
      midpoint   233.17
    S2       231.63
      midpoint   227.81
    S3       223.99
      midpoint   220.17
    S4       216.35

• Posted: 21 May 2010 08:38 AM #103

testing S2 in PM now…

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

Posted: 21 May 2010 08:55 AM #104

N.L. - 21 May 2010 11:38 AM

testing S2 in PM now…

Has it to do with this: The End of Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) ?

• Posted: 21 May 2010 09:11 AM #105

Elmar - 21 May 2010 11:55 AM
    N.L. - 21 May 2010 11:38 AM

testing S2 in PM now…

Has it to do with this: The End of Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) ?

Lol, who the f**k is Rocky Biggs!

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.