First hand experience of antenna problem

• Posted: 18 July 2010 05:44 PM #31

I previously posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry for the repost…

I have 8 Iphone?s on two accounts. I have only upgraded two of the phones to the IP4 version. Both phones have a problem with the proximity sensor not working properly. In other words, the phone switches to speaker or mute, etc. when holding the phone to my face. I had a 3gs phone previously which did not have this issue. I returned my Iphone4 for replacement and the new one still has this problem. I also updated my I4 software to the latest version. Because of this problem, I have not upgraded the rest of my phones. I am as big an Apple fan as anyone and I?m delaying future purchases. This can?t be good for future demand. On the other hand, if they can fix this with a software update the issue is moot. I wanted to buy more AAPL on Friday but could not pull the trigger due to this relatively unpublished issue. Interestingly, the whole antennae issue is really a NON issue using my Iphone4 without a case.

Signature

Inflation robs from the past, deflation robs from the future. Pick your poison.

• Posted: 18 July 2010 07:59 PM #32

jeffi - 18 July 2010 08:44 PM

I previously posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry for the repost…

I have 8 Iphone?s on two accounts. I have only upgraded two of the phones to the IP4 version. Both phones have a problem with the proximity sensor not working properly. In other words, the phone switches to speaker or mute, etc. when holding the phone to my face. I had a 3gs phone previously which did not have this issue. I returned my Iphone4 for replacement and the new one still has this problem. I also updated my I4 software to the latest version. Because of this problem, I have not upgraded the rest of my phones. I am as big an Apple fan as anyone and I?m delaying future purchases. This can?t be good for future demand. On the other hand, if they can fix this with a software update the issue is moot. I wanted to buy more AAPL on Friday but could not pull the trigger due to this relatively unpublished issue. Interestingly, the whole antennae issue is really a NON issue using my Iphone4 without a case.

During yesterday?s iPhone 4 press conference, Apple?s CEO Steve Jobs explained to us a few things, and one of them was to do with the proximity sensor on its new smartphone. We know that there have been a few issues with it, which is why Jobs had to inform us that a fix would come during the next iOS 4 update ? when that is we do not know.

I remember reading that statement in a summary of the news conference