Are multiple ‘Presented By:’ RSS feeds each day necessary?

• Posted: 02 August 2010 02:24 PM

Are multiple Presented By: RSS feeds each day necessary?  I’m receiving two Presented By: RSS feeds per day…all leading to the pheedo.com home page.

This is annoying to put it mildly.  Anyone at the Mac Observer have an explanation as to why this annoying feed is necessary?

Lew

Posted: 02 August 2010 03:37 PM #1

Hi LewinTV,

That is odd.  What’s the URL of your RSS feed?  It looks like you’ve subscribed to the Deal Brothers Daily Deal RSS which shouldn’t have any Presented By: items.

Those Presented By: items are ads inserted into our feed by Pheedo.  But they should only be inserted on our main RSS feed, and not after every item (I count 7 ads for a feed with 50 items).

• Posted: 02 August 2010 04:28 PM #2

Hi Stephen,

The URL I’m using for the feed is http://feeds.pheedo.com/the_mac_observer.

Below is what I have received so far today.

Lew

Posted: 02 August 2010 10:06 PM #3

Okay.  I think this is normal.  I’ll ask Dave to look at this too.

We use pheedo to host our feed and provide advertising, so that’s what they’re being inserted from.  I’m not sure if it’s suppose to be 1 or 2 “presented by” a day.  If I were Pheedo, I’d put my name in the title, as the “presented by” itself doesn’t make much sense, but that’s not up to us.

Posted: 03 August 2010 11:23 AM #4

Thanks for the heads-up. I, too, had noticed this recently and have it on my “August action list” to reevaluate Pheedo and see if it truly is worth it to us (and you, our readers) to continue having them host these feeds. Not sure what the outcome will be, but one way or another we will make some changes here shortly.

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.