Beatweek: Look for Verizon iPhone 4 anywhere but CES in January, despite keynote

Posted: 22 December 2010 01:35 AM

Look for Verizon iPhone 4 anywhere but CES in January, despite keynote

I know some of you might be thinking, “who the fark is Beatweek?” But they have consistently had some of the best commentary and analysis on Apple I have seen. Check their Apple stories out. Their Android v. iPhone commentary has been great, as well as their Verizon iPhone coverage, which has been like every day. Actually finding things on their site is hard though.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 22 December 2010 07:52 AM #1

JDSoCal - 22 December 2010 05:35 AM

I know some of you might be thinking, “who the fark is Beatweek?” But they have consistently had some of the best commentary and analysis on Apple I have seen. Check their Apple stories out. Their Android v. iPhone commentary has been great, as well as their Verizon iPhone coverage, which has been like every day. Actually finding things on their site is hard though.

Actually Beatweek is run by Bill Palmer who used to do a lot of Apple/iPod reporting back in the day. Although it is a music magazine, Bill’s tech credentials are pretty good.

Signature

Posted: 22 December 2010 01:08 PM #2

There’s no doubt in my mind that the Verizon iPhone will be announced by Apple at their event - not by Verizon at some trade show. Apple typically holds an event in Jan - that’s when they’ve typically made big announcements (iPad last year) - I would guess that they will announce an event in the next couple of weeks and they’ll use that event to announce the Verizon iPhone and its ship date.

• Posted: 22 December 2010 04:56 PM #3

AHHA - 22 December 2010 05:08 PM

There’s no doubt in my mind that the Verizon iPhone will be announced by Apple at their event - not by Verizon at some trade show. Apple typically holds an event in Jan - that’s when they’ve typically made big announcements (iPad last year) - I would guess that they will announce an event in the next couple of weeks and they’ll use that event to announce the Verizon iPhone and its ship date.

Absolutely. Apple will announce any new partnerships on their own terms. It will not come from the carrier itself at a trade show. smile