Poll: Are You Lining Up for iPad 2?
Total Votes: 20
I’m camping overnight to get mine.
I’m lining up Friday morning.
I’ll wait in line Friday afternoon.
I’m showing up Saturday.
Stand in line? I’m ordering online!

Posted: 10 March 2011 11:24 AM

Apple’s iPad 2 goes on sale Friday at 5PM local time. Are you planning on lining up early to get one?

Posted: 10 March 2011 11:40 AM #1

Actually I’m waiting for a few weeks. With the Canadian Dollar so strong, and lower taxes down there it’s worth it for me to pick one up at Target when I’m next in the states even after I pay import duty.

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

Posted: 10 March 2011 01:02 PM #2

As with geoduck I am waiting a few weeks, probably till the end of the month.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 10 March 2011 01:10 PM #3

I been looking my iPad First Gen and I keep asking myself if I need this update..

Nothing really grabs me.  Will take the trip next week to the local Apple Store to take a look.

Things could change.

• Posted: 10 March 2011 01:50 PM #4

I will be waiting until June. Birthdays!

Posted: 10 March 2011 03:00 PM #5

Sold my 1st gen iPad right before the iPad 2 announcement.  I couldn’t have timed it better.

I am not sure if I will get one Friday night, or order Friday morning…  It would be great to be able to walk into a store and pick one up after the initial rush goes through. But if they don’t have the one I’m after, would my lack of ordering one in the morning cause a delay in getting one shipped to me?

Argh!

Signature

Tron is cool

• Posted: 10 March 2011 03:39 PM #6

I got a first gen on ebay. It’s almost as good, I didn’t stand in any lines, and I payed $290 with shipping for a 16-gig wifi with a $40 apple case and a $30 apple stand. That’s the way to go IMO wink

Signature

Your Average 18-year-old Mac Geek,
    -alex

• Posted: 10 March 2011 04:06 PM #7

I’m waiting a few weeks.

Signature

Problem definition is the key to problem resolution.

Posted: 10 March 2011 08:06 PM #8

Where is the Poll option for “Fine with what I got”?

I am not paying another $500 to get a few features that don’t change my device usage that much.  Apple saying “USB is proprietary so not included” rubs me the wrong way.

Signature

Producer of My Craps Game for Mac and iPad.
    http://mycrapsgame.com

Posted: 10 March 2011 08:26 PM #9

I don’t have the first and don’t yet see the need for this one. Maybe iPad 3 (hoping for more connectivity [Thunderbolt?]), or at least when Keynote grows into it more suitably.

Love looking at it, though.

Posted: 10 March 2011 08:54 PM #10

For most of my productive life, I’ve been an Apple user and evangelist. After hearing all the hype, and reading reviews that confirm most of it, the iPad still lacks the one capability I really want a tablet for: I want to write notes and draw, with aids to convert to text and clean up sketches. Basically, I want paper with a computer to make it smart.

I just ordered an HP convertible tablet PC. I’ll install Office 2010 with OneNote and Punch Software’s home design suite. In this particular, admittedly rarefied niche, the iPad is totally in the weeds.

So instead I have 4 pounds, 12 inches and 6 hours to deal with. I hope it isn’t a mistake. I’ve had HP and Motion Computing slates before, and it was pretty good at the time. I thought about an HP Slate 500, but they are backordered for months and kinda weak hardware-wise.

Signature

iPad 2, HP TM2 tablet, HP Slate 500, iphone 4G, Unibody MB Pro , MB White, HP dv1000, PB G4, Dell Prec 670, Motion M1300, HP tc1000, Dell X300, HP ze4200, iBook SE, PowerMac 8500, Newton 2100, Quadra 800, PB 145, Classic II, LC II, IICi, SE, Plus

Posted: 11 March 2011 10:54 PM #11

I was going to wait, but my wife said to go get myself one. I was going to get the 32GB model, but decided I only needed the 16GB one. I got the black, WiFi only model. She is synching right now and as soon as finish the washing the dinner dishes I am going into laager with my new iPad.

I bought mine at the Marine Corp Exchange at the local airbase. I went in at 6:00 PM, there were two people ahead of me in line buying iPads, I was quickly on my way home. I did not yet get a case/cover, for that I will join the feeding frenzy at the Apple Store.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 17 March 2011 11:03 PM #12

Sir Harry Flashman - 12 March 2011 02:54 AM

I was going to wait, but my wife said to go get myself one. I was going to get the 32GB model, but decided I only needed the 16GB one. I got the black, WiFi only model. She is synching right now and as soon as finish the washing the dinner dishes I am going into laager with my new iPad.

I bought mine at the Marine Corp Exchange at the local airbase. I went in at 6:00 PM, there were two people ahead of me in line buying iPads, I was quickly on my way home. I did not yet get a case/cover, for that I will join the feeding frenzy at the Apple Store.

Delivery of the cases for online orders seems to be pretty quick.  Mine arrived today (ordered on the 11th).

• Posted: 18 March 2011 11:38 AM #13

I got in line at 4pm at Best Buy and was paid up with iPad in hand by about 5:30. I was around #80 in line. Luckily I had no trouble getting the 32GB black Wi-Fi model that I wanted. They had 101 new iPads in total that day.

alangrus - 11 March 2011 12:06 AM

Apple saying “USB is proprietary so not included” rubs me the wrong way.

When has Apple said that?

• Posted: 18 March 2011 12:14 PM #14

its a nice to have a toy, but wat game do you play. did you try
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/baby-animal-world-free/id423755398?mt=8

Posted: 23 March 2011 02:58 AM #15

i’ll wait a few months, maybe.