AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 31 May 2011 11:35 AM #31

Red shirted ensign - 31 May 2011 02:26 PM

I wish Brazilnuts was with us today. His insights on market action are so valuable.

Get well, Nuts!

Always here, Red. Just resting a bit. Thank you.

Poor economic data. Market fretting. Next is overbought reading next couple of days.

VIX at 16.28 up $1.88. FXE at $143.23 up 0.63. Opa! day with all about greenback and euro for the gap up.

Hope AAPL closes over 50-day simple moving average, now $341.91.

Posted: 31 May 2011 12:02 PM #32

BrazilNuts - 31 May 2011 02:35 PM
    Red shirted ensign - 31 May 2011 02:26 PM

I wish Brazilnuts was with us today. His insights on market action are so valuable.

Get well, Nuts!

Always here, Red. Just resting a bit. Thank you.

Poor economic data. Market fretting. Next is overbought reading next couple of days.

VIX at 16.28 up $1.88. FXE at $143.23 up 0.63. Opa! day with all about greenback and euro for the gap up.

Hope AAPL closes over 50-day simple moving average, now $341.91.

so far, it’s above the 20, 50, and got close to the 100.  yes, let’s hope the close stays above the 50. 

Nuts, keep recovering nicely, along with AAPL stock price! smile

Posted: 31 May 2011 12:19 PM #33

Good Morning Boys and Girls

So far so good.  If we can close around here I would be quite happy.

Shorts are getting burned and I am happy.

• Posted: 31 May 2011 12:27 PM #34

omacvi - 31 May 2011 03:19 PM

See, just the threat of taking a break, does the trick!

Signature

Posted: 31 May 2011 12:41 PM #35

rattyuk - 31 May 2011 03:27 PM
    omacvi - 31 May 2011 03:19 PM

See, just the threat of taking a break, does the trick!

The SVF (Sponge Vacatin Fund) should be replenished by all longs at least four times a year.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 31 May 2011 01:15 PM #36

zulu - 30 May 2011 11:13 PM

iPhone 4S features A5, 8MP camera, integrated SIM; iPhone 5 in spring 2012?
    Hosting provided by FotoTime
    Backing up claims of a next-generation iPhone with an iPhone 4-like form factor, Macotakara claims that Apple is set to debut an iPhone 4S with an ARM Cortex-A9 and an 8 megapixel camera. The ARM Cortex-A9 is the CPU foundation for Apple?s customized A5 processor in the iPad 2. The iPad 2?s A5 is a dual-core chip, but the report is unsure if the iPhone 4S version is dual core. Sources told 9to5Mac last month that Apple is already testing an iPhone 4 with an A5 chip with high-profile game developers and it is likely that the iPhone 4S?s A5 will be dual-core.
    more

A reliable source tells me that the camera will be from Sony.

• Posted: 31 May 2011 01:16 PM #37

Apple iWork Now Available For iPhone & iPod touch Users
    CUPERTINO, California?May 31, 2011?Apple? today announced that its groundbreaking iWork? productivity apps, Keynote?, Pages? and Numbers?, are now available for iPhone? and iPod touch?, as well as iPad?. Created for the Mac? and then completely redesigned for iOS and Apple?s revolutionary Multi-Touch? interface, Keynote, Pages and Numbers allow you to create and share stunning presentations, beautifully formatted documents and powerful spreadsheets on the go. iWork apps are available on the App Store? for $9.99 each to new users and as a free update for existing iWork for iPad customers.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/05/31iwork.html

• Posted: 31 May 2011 01:21 PM #38

rattyuk - 31 May 2011 01:11 PM
    Red shirted ensign - 31 May 2011 01:04 PM

Clarity is beginning…..SJ and Icloud confirmed.

We are up 3.50 in premarket.  This could be the four days the shorts exit in force. Hope so. Apple is getting it’s ducks in a row.

In edit: up 4:00 now.  I do think shorts will cut and run this week. Could you be short next Monday with just these two big pieces of news now known? With more to come.

I was working on this graphic a bit ago… But thought the Press Release might have messed my theory up. Which is Apple had a small pop when Nokia collapsed:

Pre-Market, Apple at the top… Nokia below.

Once again, I am going the right direction, but 6 months too early.  I had cheap January NOK puts at $7 bought last year.  Oh well, more trading experience.  Live and learn.

Posted: 31 May 2011 01:21 PM #39

Zeke - 31 May 2011 04:15 PM
    zulu - 30 May 2011 11:13 PM

iPhone 4S features A5, 8MP camera, integrated SIM; iPhone 5 in spring 2012?
    Hosting provided by FotoTime
    Backing up claims of a next-generation iPhone with an iPhone 4-like form factor, Macotakara claims that Apple is set to debut an iPhone 4S with an ARM Cortex-A9 and an 8 megapixel camera. The ARM Cortex-A9 is the CPU foundation for Apple?s customized A5 processor in the iPad 2. The iPad 2?s A5 is a dual-core chip, but the report is unsure if the iPhone 4S version is dual core. Sources told 9to5Mac last month that Apple is already testing an iPhone 4 with an A5 chip with high-profile game developers and it is likely that the iPhone 4S?s A5 will be dual-core.
    more

Yes, but when? Argghhhhhhhhhh! Must have new phone!!!

Posted: 31 May 2011 01:23 PM #40

June 6.  Right before the end of Steve’s Keynote.

Posted: 31 May 2011 01:42 PM #41

zulu - 31 May 2011 04:23 PM

Are you serious or just hoping like all of us?

I don’t see an announcement that day.

Posted: 31 May 2011 01:45 PM #42

omacvi - 31 May 2011 04:42 PM
    zulu - 31 May 2011 04:23 PM

Are you serious or just hoping like all of us?

I don’t see an announcement that day.

Hey, I got that from YOU!  smile  But totally within the realm of possibility, given that it is only an updgrade like 3Gs and not a re-design.  Yes, I’m hoping because I held off on the iPhone 4 and have been jealous just using a 3G.

• Posted: 31 May 2011 02:15 PM #43

Any speculation as to why Apple released Pages, Keynote and Numbers for iPhone today vs. waiting until WWDC?

Didn’t want it to be lost in the WWDC noise? No coordination between SW group and others?(unlikely, I’d guess)

• Posted: 31 May 2011 02:18 PM #44

snoozzzer - 31 May 2011 05:15 PM

Any speculation as to why Apple released Pages, Keynote and Numbers for iPhone today vs. waiting until WWDC?

Didn’t want it to be lost in the WWDC noise? No coordination between SW group and others?(unlikely, I’d guess)

To much to present next week, so that there would not be any time for something so “unimportant”.

Posted: 31 May 2011 02:41 PM #45

snoozzzer - 31 May 2011 05:15 PM

The updates have new support for organizing documents into folders, a much asked for capability given large numbers of documents. Not much use having a cloud that limited you to a flat file space either. I would guess they released the updates today because iCloud capabilities are built into this release and the week lead time will enable more people to have already upgraded their software when they make the announcement next week.

Signature

Natura naturans