AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 24 July 2011 04:34 PM

Is it a $400 per share day for AAPL on Monday or will the wait last just a bit longer?

[ Edited: 30 July 2011 01:10 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 24 July 2011 05:00 PM #1

AAPL won’t hit $400 unless the…folks in Washington get this debt ceiling issued resolved, and half-decently.

AAPL should hit $500 regardless of what those…guys in DC do.  Still on alert though.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 24 July 2011 05:21 PM #2

Mav - 24 July 2011 08:00 PM

AAPL won’t hit $400 unless the…folks in Washington get this debt ceiling issued resolved, and half-decently.

AAPL should hit $500 regardless of what those…guys in DC do.  Still on alert though.

I read somewhere yesterday that, because of larger than expected tax revenues this year, Treasury was saying they have one more week.  So, no longer Aug 2nd, but Aug 9th would be the drop-dead date.  For sure, Congress will use this as an excuse to keep putting it off, which means a couple more weeks of uncertainty.

AAPL might hit low $400s next week just off other companies’ earnings.  It might not be a strong move, but it should be mildly positive.  I’m planning on exiting my current position
    by Wednesday.

Posted: 24 July 2011 05:46 PM #3

MJ, I read that also. Geithner is trying to fan some flames knowing all good and well they have some fudge room. I am sure other countries know this also. I really dislike the administration trying to create fear in the world instead of working through this. I am very anxious to get this behind us. AAPL will not be able to reach its full potential under these circumstances. Best of luck to all longs. Sorry Unique, I can’t be rooting for your side.  :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 24 July 2011 06:35 PM #4

C’mon Apple, announce iPhone 5 this week.  You can DO it!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 24 July 2011 06:38 PM #5

Mav - 24 July 2011 09:35 PM

I just don’t see it Mav, to early.  :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 24 July 2011 07:12 PM #6

DawnTreader - 24 July 2011 07:34 PM

Is it a $400 per share day for AAPL on Monday or will the wait last just a bit longer?

How can it happen when so many bloggers sold out their position and many more waiting to sell?  Where are the buyers at this level?  Anyone waiting to buy more AAPLs at higher than $400?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 24 July 2011 07:26 PM #7

mbeauch - 24 July 2011 09:38 PM
    Mav - 24 July 2011 09:35 PM

I just don’t see it Mav, to early.  :innocent:

I think he’s jesting.  iOS5 Beta 4 just dropped.  It needs at least two weeks before learning if there’s another Beta version (I predict not).  iOS5 should be ready by mid-August I think, at the latest.

It’s very quiet on the production news front for the new iPhone 5.  Apple needs at least 3 weeks to fill the channel with new product prior to launch.  If my timeline-guessing is working, I’d say August 15 is the EARLIEST for any announcement (and 1-2 weeks after that for availability). 

Apple s/be starting production any time now—my guess is the first week of August.

Just idle speculation on a Sunday afternoon.

• Posted: 24 July 2011 07:30 PM #8

Mace - 24 July 2011 10:12 PM

How can it happen when so many bloggers sold out their position and many more waiting to sell?  Where are the buyers at this level?  Anyone waiting to buy more AAPLs at higher than $400?

I agree.  Yet, no one expected Apple at $310 either.  Anything can happen, and I can understand those holding at these levels, out of fear of leaving the freight train before it accelerates with iPhone 5 news.

I’ve lightened up on AAPL, and I’m comfortable being 70% invested.

Posted: 24 July 2011 07:33 PM #9

Mace - 24 July 2011 10:12 PM

Spongie, are you out there?  LOL

• Posted: 24 July 2011 07:34 PM #10

madmaxroi - 24 July 2011 10:33 PM

Spongie, are you out there?  LOL

Futures are deep red but that can change between now and Monday morning given the whims of Washington politics.  Iceberg!  Dead Ahead!

Posted: 24 July 2011 07:35 PM #11

Mercel’s right.  I’ve resigned myself to iPhone 5 in September for the most part.  Mid/late August sounds about right for an iPhone 5 media event.

Now Mace - are YOU jesting?  So many bloggers selling out?  How many ever _held_ a single share of AAPL?  Since when do bloggers matter as far as shareholding is concerned?

I’m very light on investment in my portfolio right now.  I’m trading slight upside risk for keeping all bullish bets off the sidelines until I see real clarity on the debt ceiling.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 24 July 2011 07:43 PM #12

I’m expecting Unique to come running in here shouting, “SHORT!!!”

Posted: 24 July 2011 07:46 PM #13

I thought the market was getting a little too far ahead of itself even without the debt ceiling issue.  So if the market reflects the futures as they are tomorrow, that’s not all that bad.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 24 July 2011 07:48 PM #14

I’ll probably buy AAPL ITM Apr 2012 tomorrow if debt ceiling woes take me to a nice price.  :-D

And I’m not waiting for resolution of the debt ceiling issue—it’s going to get done.  Does anyone think politicians are THAT dumb?

Oh wait….I guess I’ll scale in at $10 drop intervals.

• Posted: 24 July 2011 07:51 PM #15

Mav - 24 July 2011 10:46 PM

I thought the market was getting a little too far ahead of itself even without the debt ceiling issue.  So if the market reflects the futures as they are tomorrow, that’s not all that bad.

This makes sense until you bring AMZN and NFLX into focus. 

Incidentally, I noticed Apple’s median price target was raised to $500 (Thomson Reuters), up from $450.  Coiled spring, indeed.