Safari won?t load websites

• Posted: 30 August 2011 06:28 AM

I updated to Safari (5.1) a while ago (Mac OS 10.6.8) and now the bloody thing won’t load any web page. It gives me an error message ‘Safari can’t conect to Server’, any and every website. Firefox works just fine.
    I have tried everything: Reset, empty cache,removed all proxies. I’m desperate—prefer working in Safari. On my Macbook everything works fine. If anyone can help, please.

• Posted: 30 August 2011 08:22 AM #1

[ Edited: 19 September 2011 01:06 AM by John Molloy ]

Signature

Posted: 30 August 2011 10:52 AM #2

I had something similar happen to me, upgraded to Safari 5.1 on my MBP OS 10.6.8 and noticed certain sites were not working properly including mine. The main photo on the front page would not load and certain links were dead. Worked fine in Firefox on the same Mac and fine on other machines running 10.6.8. Over the weekend after the Hurricane, was in my local Apple Store and tested it there on a Mac running Lion and had the same thing happen, conciseness was that the newer Safari needed some updated HTML/CSS Code. My solution for the time being was to go back to 5.0.5 which meant re-installing 10.6.8 as Safari is tied into the System.

(Memo to self: I broke my own rule re hitting the update button before checking the Apple support Boards… Ha!)

[ Edited: 30 August 2011 04:14 PM by aaplcrazie ]

Signature

Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company…

• Posted: 31 August 2011 01:27 AM #3

Thanks guys. I’ll just use Firefox unti.l Apple comes up with an update. Funny thing is, I had the same problem yesterday while using wifi on my iPad2. Switched back to 3G today, and now all’s well. Weird.