AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 05 October 2011 09:12 PM #121

CNBC is interviewing WSJ reporter. They are saying that Cook was carefully hand picked and hired by Jobs and that Jobs kept him close.  Steve Jobs’ true legacy will be if he truly has set the company up in his own vision - a vision that will allow the company to carry on and excel for years to come. 

I feel comforted in that Steve Jobs hand picked his successor. I have faith in his judgment and that he left us in good hands.  Hopefully, investors will feel the same.  It is a solid company…thanks again, Steve.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:17 PM #122

Red Shirted Ensign - 05 October 2011 10:57 PM

I’m not sure if this has been posted but it is remarkable. Back in 1987 Apple forecast the “knowledge Navigator” and missed its implementation by…...a week.

http://waxy.org/2011/10/apples_1987_knowledge_navigator_only_one_month_late/

That’s so cool, thanks for sharing.  I wonder what they are projecting for 20 years from now???

But that would possibly be beyond “singularity.”  That’s a wild concept… anyone on this board into that?

[ Edited: 05 October 2011 09:19 PM by jjjz ]

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:19 PM #123

Phoebear611 - 06 October 2011 12:12 AM

CNBC is interviewing WSJ reporter. They are saying that Cook was carefully hand picked and hired by Jobs and that Jobs kept him close.  Steve Jobs’ true legacy will be if he truly has set the company up in his own vision - a vision that will allow the company to carry on and excel for years to come. 

I feel comforted in that Steve Jobs hand picked his successor. I have faith in his judgment and that he left us in good hands.  Hopefully, investors will feel the same.  It is a solid company…thanks again, Steve.

Suffice it to say, Steve Jobs could not have the left the company in better hands or in a better positioning. 

These hands include, to give one example, all of the top execs at Apple.

There’s much more to it than that but we can save that for tomorrow or another day.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:23 PM #124

An e-mail from Tim Cook, on the Apple PR site:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/10/05Apple-Media-Advisory.html

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:27 PM #125

Mav - 06 October 2011 12:19 AM
    Phoebear611 - 06 October 2011 12:12 AM

Suffice it to say, Steve Jobs could not have the left the company in better hands or in a better positioning. 

These hands include, to give one example, all of the top execs at Apple.

There’s much more to it than that but we can save that for tomorrow or another day.

It was also very selfless on his part to hand off to Tim Cook in August, and put the new senior management team in place, knowing that this day would ultimately come.

I don’t mean to sound callous, but hopefully that move created enough of a separation where we do not end up too badly tomorrow after the sell-off that’s going to come.

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:32 PM #126

We just don’t know.  What’s happened before obviously can’t fully predict tomorrow.  But I would guess, if I had to and assuming it was appropriate to do so given this very sad time, that AAPL will not be held down, if it is, for long.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:36 PM #127

Only about 5k shares sold in the 15 minutes left in AH after I heard the sad news, dropping the price $1

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:38 PM #128

Turning back again to the markets, it’s my understanding AAPL trading was halted before the news.

We don’t really have anything to go on as far as market reaction today.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 05 October 2011 09:40 PM #129

I continue to watch CNBC which is doing a tribute and discussing how the company might change given his departure.  One analyst said that his vision has been baked into the product line for Apple for the next 5 years at a minimum.  He built a strong company and very carefully picked that management team. The Cook appointment was very measured and calculated by Steve. 

Again, I don’t know what the stock will do - so many day traders and nonsense that goes on.  Fundamentally, for the next several years we have been carefully placed on a good course.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 05 October 2011 09:40 PM #130

Yes, Mav you are correct.  My bad.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.