lovemyipad - 28 May 2012 10:34 PM

Short week..  Up, down, or sideways?

Up down and sideways wink

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:16 AM #32

Love you, Lion!!! smile

• Posted: 29 May 2012 09:22 AM #33

qualitywte - 29 May 2012 03:34 AM

Horse #1 - AAPL: revenue, profit, growth.  All proven
    Horse #2 - AMZN: revenue, growth.  Both proven.  Profit proven to be flatlined.
    Horse #3 - FB: potential revenue, profit, growth.  None proven yet.

Glad to have my money on #1.

Although one might be tempted to play this as Win, Place, and Show….I wouldn’t even put FB in the “Show” category given the continued bad press(in the IPO and litigation that will continue to follow) plus the number of shares that will be hitting the market in I believe 90 days.  I personally think this will continue to put pressure on the stock.

On a better note - sold weeklies last against my stock (5/560) - covered on Friday morning for a hefty profit…left my stock uncovered and now stock is up nicely this morning…plus it’s a short week and the sun is shining in New York…doesn’t get better than that other than to have great air conditioning (which I do). Life is good.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 29 May 2012 09:23 AM #34

Today will begin the run-up to a close very near, or even over, the all time high by the key note at the WWDC.  We will begin to see all kinds of talking head speculation about Apple TV, iPhone 5, 7” tablets and new Mac Books.  Maybe even some crazy talk about the iCar. The intent will be to run it up over the next two weeks and without a major announcement take it right back down following the conference.  It’s what they’ve done time after time.  No reason to think it will stop now.

Remember, it’s imperative for the manipulators to take it both directions!

• Posted: 29 May 2012 09:32 AM #35

Phoebear611 - 29 May 2012 12:22 PM
    qualitywte - 29 May 2012 03:34 AM

Horse #1 - AAPL: revenue, profit, growth.  All proven
    Horse #2 - AMZN: revenue, growth.  Both proven.  Profit proven to be flatlined.
    Horse #3 - FB: potential revenue, profit, growth.  None proven yet.

Glad to have my money on #1.

Although one might be tempted to play this as Win, Place, and Show….I wouldn’t even put FB in the “Show” category given the continued bad press(in the IPO and litigation that will continue to follow) plus the number of shares that will be hitting the market in I believe 90 days.  I personally think this will continue to put pressure on the stock.

Its possible that the FB offering brought some much needed attention to the fundamentals in which AAPL is wins by several horse lengths.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 09:35 AM #36

It just occurred to me that today is when FB begins listing options - so there will be much attention also focused in that direction today.  I’ve seen some tweets from CNBC folk saying how insane the whole FB phone idea is - I hope they talk about it today too.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:05 AM #37

CNBC is repeating the unattributed rumors about the start of manufacturing of the iTV. Trusting the Chinese media on AAPL tips? I would not be so trusting.

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:20 AM #38

I read something about a cup and handle.  Is it forming?

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:21 AM #39

After the morning pause that refreshes, we are moving now….571.50

In edit, up ten bucks on improving volume….... grin

[ Edited: 29 May 2012 11:24 AM by Red Shirted Ensign ]

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:21 AM #40

Gregg Thurman - 29 May 2012 06:48 AM
    Mercel - 29 May 2012 05:48 AM

Futures are blooming green.  A very welcome sight.

It appears that Futures Color moves contra the US$. When US$ goes down Futures go up, and vice versa.

Could it be that the value of these commodities remains constant, and the only thing that is really changing is the dollar?

The Euro index futures are up too, though, all except for Spain’s. The DAX is up >1%.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures/

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:30 AM #41

Good Morning Boys and Girls

I was tempted in buying some earlier but held off.  I think I missed the cheaper price and we are in the middle of the WWDC run up.

Two weeks from Friday June 15 I expect us to be back to $560 after hitting $590 on Monday June 11.  I am disciplined and will hold off in buying for three weeks.

[ Edited: 29 May 2012 12:10 PM by omacvi ]      

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:49 AM #42

Lion - 29 May 2012 12:09 PM

Up down and sideways wink

TMI grin

Gonna play the $560-580 channel with an upward bias and see if that holds. Smack dab in the middle so not taking any action here.

[ Edited: 29 May 2012 12:04 PM by ChasMac77 ]      

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:08 PM #43

Watch that opening gap!!!

• Posted: 29 May 2012 12:15 PM #44

omacvi - 29 May 2012 02:30 PM

Good Morning Boys and Girls

I was tempted in buying some earlier but held off.  I think I missed the cheaper price and we are in the middle of the WWDC run up.

A week from Friday I expect us to be back to $560 after hitting $590 on Monday.  I am disciplined and will hold off in buying for two weeks.

I’m continuing to buy Weeklies.  However, I will not buy June expiries, on what would normally be launch of Week 3 contracts, until after the WWDC Keynote.  I’m expecting a typical buy the rumor run up, sell the news drop scenario.

The big news out of WWDC will be multi-tasking in iOS.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 12:42 PM #45

What is the date of the WWDC keynote?  Is it June 11th?  Also, what conference is TC giving a keynote speech tonight?  I thought someone said AllthingsD?  Can anyone confirm any of this? Thanks

ok just answered my own question - yes, All Things Digital is sponsoring a conference and TC is speaking at it tonight.

[ Edited: 29 May 2012 12:49 PM by Phoebear611 ]

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On