Mountain Lion Full Screen Zoom

Posted: 29 July 2012 12:34 AM

I finally got my Up-To-Date code and upgraded to Mountain Lion. Mostly it’s working well. Nearly everything I was using works fine. FireFox is a bit hesitant at times but Safari is no better than before so I’ll keep using FireFox.

The big issue is a gesture I used a LOT. Going back I think as far as Snow Leopard if you hit Command and two finger swiped up and down you would zoom the whole screen. I found this very handy for a quick close up look at a tiny graphic. This gesture doesn’t work any more. Pinch doesn’t do it. Control and a two finger swipe zooms the text but not the graphics.

Is there a new gesture for this? Another way to do this?

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 29 July 2012 01:07 AM #1

Its disabled by default, but you can find it in system preferences. I wrote a little blog article on it here: http://bkbeachlabs.com/blog/screen-zoom-in-os-x-mountain-lion/

Posted: 29 July 2012 09:42 AM #2

Thank you!
    That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 09 August 2012 02:00 PM #3

It’s a great feature but I understand why they turned it off by default. I support a lot of Macs and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had people call me saying “I don’t know what I did but my desktop is too big to fit on my monitor and it’s scrolling back and forth as I move my mouse around.” :D