Mountain Lion Full Screen Zoom

Posted: 29 July 2012 12:34 AM

I finally got my Up-To-Date code and upgraded to Mountain Lion. Mostly it’s working well. Nearly everything I was using works fine. FireFox is a bit hesitant at times but Safari is no better than before so I’ll keep using FireFox.

The big issue is a gesture I used a LOT. Going back I think as far as Snow Leopard if you hit Command and two finger swiped up and down you would zoom the whole screen. I found this very handy for a quick close up look at a tiny graphic. This gesture doesn’t work any more. Pinch doesn’t do it. Control and a two finger swipe zooms the text but not the graphics.

Is there a new gesture for this? Another way to do this?

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

• Posted: 29 July 2012 01:07 AM #1

Its disabled by default, but you can find it in system preferences. I wrote a little blog article on it here: http://bkbeachlabs.com/blog/screen-zoom-in-os-x-mountain-lion/

Posted: 29 July 2012 09:42 AM #2

Thank you!
    That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

• Posted: 09 August 2012 02:00 PM #3

It’s a great feature but I understand why they turned it off by default. I support a lot of Macs and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had people call me saying “I don’t know what I did but my desktop is too big to fit on my monitor and it’s scrolling back and forth as I move my mouse around.” :D