Forum Design feedback time

Posted: 21 September 2012 03:25 PM #31

Sorry to hear this, Lee—this is interesting. We’ve been testing login issues pretty extensively and, as of Monday, I believe they have all been rectified.

Anyone else experiencing login issues here or crashes in Safari? I use Safari almost exclusively all day and it’s been smooth sailing since we fixed that cookie filtering issue on Monday.

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.

Posted: 21 September 2012 03:45 PM #32

I am not sure how many people are reading this forum. Perhaps a front page story linking to a poll asking about login issues would give us a better idea on how many registered users are having the problem.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 21 September 2012 09:15 PM #33

Lee - these problems with logging in and crashing you describe, are they happening ONLY on iOS? Specifically on the iPhone? Or are they happening on your Mac, too?

Signature

Posted: 21 September 2012 10:38 PM #34

No problem logging with my MacBook Pro. I will give my iPhone a try and get back to you, but I have mostly been using my iPad, both devices are now under iOS 6.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:12 PM #35

Which iPad revision? Just curious because it may be a safari RAM thing going on that we need to troubleshoot, too.

Signature

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:18 PM #36

Seems to be no problem logging in with my iPhone, the problem child seems to be my iPad.

Using the forums with an iPhone is brutal, not enough screen real estate.

Signature

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:29 PM #37

The second model iPad, last year’s, model MC769LL, 16GB with 4 GB free, WiFi only

What happens is that I click on the Login link and get the dialogue box where I enter my name and password. When I start to enter my name Safari crashes. I try restarting and it crashes again at the login. I have learned that if I delete Cookies and Data then I can login without a crash.

After a period of time I get logged out. I don’t know how long, I come here for a break from other tasks, so the time varies.

Signature

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:35 PM #38

Thanks, Lee.  This is very helpful and helps us replicate the test environment. One last question regarding logout: are you checking the box to stay logged in (I.e. “Auto Login on future visits”)?

Signature

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:39 PM #39

Yes, I am checking the Keep me logged in box.

I am going to have to say good night, I get up at 4:00 A.M. during the week and am usually in bed by 9:00 P.M.

Signature

Posted: 17 January 2013 01:29 PM #40

Just checking in here — is this issue still happening for anyone? I *think* we had gotten this straightened out a while back, but… I hate to assume. wink

Signature