Transport 2.0 Finder Problems

• Posted: 06 September 2013 04:23 PM

I was so excited to receive my Transport 2.0 from Connected Data, then after everything was setup and installed it didn’t work!

I’m using a MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) running 10.7.5.

After I installed the Connected Desktop (2.0.50) software and claimed the Transporter device the Transporter folder appeared in the side bar of the Finder (I’m also using TotalFinder) and the Transport icon was in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

However, no Transporter Folder or Transporter Library folders were created as the video and written instructions showed.  Plus a right click on a folder I would create in the finder window did not include the Transporter contextual menu choice.

I was able to create folders in the Transporter finder window but they neve synced with the device and didn’t appear on the Transport management web site.  In fact the only way I could created a folder that showed up at all was from the web site, but coping a file into that folder did not result in the file showing up on the Transporter.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?  I’m waiting for Connected Data’s support to respond but thought the good folks in the forum might have some ideas on what’s preventing my installation from working.  Bye the way I’ve deleted and reinstalled the desktop software, restarted my computer, disabled TotalFinder and the condition remains unchanged.

• Posted: 09 September 2013 12:13 PM #1

Well that was interesting.  I setup the Transporter in the morning and as I shared in my initial post I wasn’t able to see the Transporter in the Finder. After contacting support I stopped using the computer for the day and when I return that evening to shut the computer down Transporter was visible in the Finder, the contextual menus were now available and I was able to transfer a test file to the device.

It appears that it just takes some time to sync data between the computer and the Transporter.

My initial reaction to the Transporter is that it very slow to sync data.  I tried to transfer my iPhoto Library to the device and it took all night (25GB).  This is the primary reason I purchased the unit so I hope I can improve this data transfer in the future.  Also, the fact that I can’t access the shared files from Mac running OS earlier than 10.7.5 prevents me from achieving the goal of creating a secure private photo sharing system for my family.  Only a few family member have Macs that can even run 10.7.5.

Does anyone know of a work around for the OS limitation?

Thanks for all the reads.

Posted: 02 October 2013 11:56 AM #2

Hi Bob—no, I don’t know of a workaround for the 10.7.5 limitation and would LOVE one. I have many friends with whom I’d like to share data but I can’t use Transporter because they’re not geeks like me. wink

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.