LG’s webOS is a very mature, up-to-date, cared-for platform that truly stands on its own. On top of that, the TV’s support for AirPlay 2 is the most reliable video AirPlay implementation I’ve experienced yet, and that includes working with various models of Apple TV.
Sonos’ latest home theater speaker, the Sonos Arc, begins arriving in customers’ homes later this month. We’ve had a few days to take a look—and a listen—to what essentially becomes their “Pro” soundbar, and we are duly impressed.
We have a deal on X-Mirage, software that turns your Mac into an AirPlay receiver for mirroring whatever on your iPhone, iPad or iPod screen – apps, games, photos, videos, presentations, websites, and more to the bigger screen. It also offers real-time mirroring and media control. A lifetime license for this software is $9.99 through our deal.
On Wednesday, Sonos announced their latest hardware additions, featuring the Sonos Arc, a premium soundbar with support for Dolby Atmos. This marks the first Sonos product to support Dolby Atmos, and there are hints at support for higher resolution audio formats coming in the future. Two other pieces of hardware, Sonos Five (a PLAY:5 with revamped guts) and their 3rd-generation Sonos Sub, were also announced today.
- Apple TV+ Makes 'The Afterparty' Premiere Episode Available on YouTube
- 'MusicMatch' for Mac Now Here, Music Services Expand
- Dissecting the Scene Explainer From 'Servant' Season Three Premiere Episode
- 'Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock' Guest Stars Ed Helms, Cynthia Erivo, Daveed Diggs Play Frictionary
- 'The Matrix Resurrections' Now Available to Rent or Buy on Apple TV
- Get a Wooden Photo Print With New Offering From Mimeo Photos
First Alert’s Onelink Safe & Sound now supports AirPlay 2. The device is a combination of smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, and speaker.
The company said the upgrade would be rolled out through an over-the-air update for those TVs, with the update titled SmartCast 3.0.
Keep on the lookout for these IKEA-designed Sonos speakers, coming August 1, 2019. If you’ve got Sonos in your home already, this is a great way to add more. If you haven’t yet opened your doors to Sonos, here’s a very affordable way to do exactly that, while adding some style in the process!
Sonos and IKEA are joining forces to release AirPlay 2 speakers. Shipping this August, there will be a Symfonisk table lamp speaker and bookshelf speaker.
- BBEdit and Shortcuts and You – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-21
- Living that Cord Cutter Life
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
- Geeky Reactions to Apple's Peek Performance Event — Mac Geek Gab 918
- All About Writing and Getting Published
- Gossip Factories and Other Manufacturing – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-22
A firmware update that will give LG TVs AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support is coming mid-2019, the company announced.