Making music with a Nintendo Game Boy or two

• Posted: 27 April 2004 03:14 PM

No, I’m not pulling your leg. There’s this Belgian musician that makes music with just two Game Boy consoles and a mixing board.

Basically, what he does is play a game on one Game Boy, record a sound on the mixing board, program and loop it and then add further sounds by using another track or using the other Game Boy, which plays another game.

Very geeky, but very funny too.

You can check out his site at   . There’s even a bunch of songs you can listen to in the downloads section.

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

Posted: 27 April 2004 10:20 PM #1

That’s RAD!  :D :cool:

And it’s good to “see” you again, Eind.  smile

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

Posted: 27 April 2004 10:24 PM #2

Heh, that’s cool! I’ll check it out tomorrow when I’m more awake. Some other interesting sites for fans of old console games:

Overclocked Remix Create your own remixes of classic console game music. There’s some awesome tracks here. Definitely check out the Hillbilly Bubble Bobble soundtrack by the site’s proprietor. wink

Also related is Relics of the Chozo ; a collaborative project to create a unified high-quality soundtrack for Super Metroid. Alternately, there’s Metroid Metal , which has the original Metroid soundtrack in heavy metal form.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

• Posted: 28 April 2004 09:12 AM #3

[quote author=“jinkies”]And it’s good to “see” you again, Eind.  smile

Believe me, it was even better for me to see that all of you guys are still alive and kicking.

Thanks for the links, Kitsune!

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 03 May 2004 09:31 AM #4

[quote author=“KitsuneStudios”]Also related is Relics of the Chozo ; a collaborative project to create a unified high-quality soundtrack for Super Metroid. Alternately, there’s Metroid Metal , which has the original Metroid soundtrack in heavy metal form.

That is awesome!  Metroid has long been my favorite game series.  I love the music on Metroid Prime for the game cube.

There is a Christian Rock artist named Stephen Curtis Chapman who uses sounds from a game boy in a song called See the Glory

Signature

I’m out of time, patience and my mind… but I have plenty of excuses.