IPods with Cameras on the Horizon.

• Posted: 06 July 2009 09:44 AM

Tech Crunch is reporting that Apple has ordered a “massive number of cameras”.

Apple has placed an order for a massive number of camera modules of the type that they include in the iPhone. These are inexpensive cameras, in the $10 range. And the size of the order, our source says, means they can only be used for one thing - the iPods.

Article can be found Here.

Signature

• Posted: 06 July 2009 09:57 AM #1

rattyuk - 06 July 2009 12:44 PM

Tech Crunch is reporting that Apple has ordered a “massive number of cameras”.

Apple has placed an order for a massive number of camera modules of the type that they include in the iPhone. These are inexpensive cameras, in the $10 range. And the size of the order, our source says, means they can only be used for one thing - the iPods.

Article can be found Here.

For the Touch, I assume. Some rumors were saying the Nano line might also get them. Not sure about that.

• Posted: 06 July 2009 10:08 AM #2

willrob - 06 July 2009 12:57 PM

For the Touch, I assume. Some rumors were saying the Nano line might also get them. Not sure about that.

There are some pictures kicking about the web today of new nano cases with holes in.

Signature

• Posted: 06 July 2009 10:21 AM #3

Even my 9 year old daughter has “heard” that the next iPods will have cameras, so it MUST be true.  tongue laugh

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

• Posted: 06 July 2009 11:10 AM #4

Here are some of the case images floating around. Cases with camera holes.

• Posted: 06 July 2009 11:28 AM #5

And while we’re at it, let’s stick a projector in there as well.