OT: Vrooom…

Posted: 29 February 2012 12:42 AM #46

Acura?  Audi?  BMW?  Cadillac?  Infiniti?  Lexus?  All you guys with entry-level luxury car offerings?  You listening?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 29 February 2012 01:06 AM #47

JDSoCal - 28 February 2012 06:26 PM

That really is awesome, since as you know, typically cabrios of any make are invariably slower. I went with a Grand Sport over a Z06 (436 HP vs. 505) mainly because the top comes off (got a coupe, not full cabrio, to retain classic teardrop window).

Corvette autos have paddle shifters. Supposedly, they suck until aftermarket tuned (obviously, Porsche’s shifters do not). I just had to have the M6, personal preference. Not like I’m going to ever track the thing…

What an awesome car! Now let’s see if you’ll ever let a valet touch it.

I’ve never owned a Corvette, strange enough.  Do cars fit inside a bucket list?  And you’re right:  A valet won’t get a chance to Ferris Bueller my car….

Posted: 29 February 2012 01:14 AM #48

Mercel - 28 February 2012 03:40 AM

My latest contribution to the US economy. 

Nice color choice.

• Posted: 29 February 2012 01:18 AM #49

madmaxroi - 29 February 2012 05:14 AM

Nice color choice.

Silver is better.  :wink:

Posted: 29 February 2012 01:58 AM #50

Mercel - 29 February 2012 05:18 AM
    madmaxroi - 29 February 2012 05:14 AM

Nice color choice.

Silver is better.  :wink:

I think you owe us an actual pic. You can Photoshop out your face and the license plate, but please leave the beautiful blonde in the passenger seat fully visible.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 29 February 2012 02:10 AM #51

Silver is the vanilla of car colors, but it’s one the best colors dammit.  Strikes a nice balance between luster and dust camouflage. wink  Also not bad if you prefer to “blend in” (traffic cops, etc.) unless of course you drive Mercedes SL coupes with no license plates (here’s to you, Steve).

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 29 February 2012 02:14 AM #52

JDSoCal - 29 February 2012 05:58 AM

I think you owe us an actual pic. You can Photoshop out your face and the license plate, but please leave the beautiful blonde in the passenger seat fully visible.

Blonde?  You haven’t been giving me your full undivided attention LOL 

The photo is being processed at Kodak, so please be patient.  I’m currently borrowing S.J.‘s license plate to hold you over until then…

Posted: 29 February 2012 12:02 PM #53

Mav - 29 February 2012 04:42 AM

Acura?  Audi?  BMW?  Cadillac?  Infiniti?  Lexus?  All you guys with entry-level luxury car offerings?  You listening?

Need to blend in with the neighborhood.  Neighbors drive BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti and Mercedes, so have to do likewise.  If in Atherton, would be driving Porsche or Ferrari. Do people still drive Cadillac?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 29 February 2012 12:14 PM #54

Mace - 29 February 2012 04:02 PM
    Mav - 29 February 2012 04:42 AM

Need to blend in with the neighborhood.  Neighbors drive BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti and Mercedes, so have to do likewise.  If in Atherton, would be driving Porsche or Ferrari. Do people still drive Cadillac?

Mitt’s wife does. She’s got two.

Posted: 29 February 2012 12:30 PM #55

Mace - 29 February 2012 04:02 PM

Do people still drive Cadillac?

The CTS-V would smoke a lot of sports cars, not to mention luxury cars.

556 Horsepower, 0-60 in 3.9 Seconds

Not my cup of tea, but my late grandfather, a real leadfoot with his 430 cid Buick Riviera, would sure have liked it.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 01 March 2012 01:48 AM #56

Hey car and iPad guys,

You may want to pick up the latest issue of Evo Magazine on the iPad. There is a pretty large sports car comparo that includes Porsche, Maserati, Jag, Lotus, GTR, Aston Martin,  Audi R8,  BMW M3 and M5, and MB AMG 63.

Some of you may be surprised at the top choice, although I wasn’t.

Posted: 01 March 2012 01:53 AM #57

Just tell us who won LOL

The new M5?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 01 March 2012 03:03 AM #58

Seller agreed to my offer today for Shirley’s Buick.  :!:  Contracts being FedEx’d now.  Deposit made through VISA.

I did well in the negotiations.  You can see it here:

http://tinyurl.com/Shirley-Temple-Buick

grin        :smilesanta:        :-D         tongue laugh         8-)

[ Edited: 01 March 2012 03:06 AM by Gregg Thurman ]

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 01 March 2012 07:47 AM #59

Gregg Thurman - 01 March 2012 07:03 AM

Seller agreed to my offer today for Shirley’s Buick.  :!:  Contracts being FedEx’d now.  Deposit made through VISA.

Congratulations Gregg. That is one sweet ride. You will turn a lot of heads with that one.

Posted: 01 March 2012 07:54 AM #60

Gregg Thurman - 01 March 2012 07:03 AM

Cool car Gregg. Now how much for the Good Ship Lollypop?

Signature