Windows 8 - News About Slow Start & Intel cHip Issues

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:48 AM

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of this, but here’s a link to a story about the latest Microsoft roll outs. Pretty interesting article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-04/microsoft-intel-push-to-combat-apple-in-tablets-sputtering-tech.html

Signature

pbg

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:48 AM #1

Heh. They invoked the “word of death”....  Beleaguered.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 04 December 2012 07:35 PM #2

Haha. There sure was a lot of negatives in that article. If only half of them are real, it’s pretty bad. And Steve Ballmer must have been drunk at the stockholder meeting.

Signature

pbg

Posted: 10 December 2012 04:27 AM #3

Paul Goodwin - 04 December 2012 07:35 PM

Haha. There sure was a lot of negatives in that article. If only half of them are real, it’s pretty bad. And Steve Ballmer must have been drunk at the stockholder meeting.

I have wondered for several years now why Ballmer hasn’t been replaced. Even when Bill Gates was involved with the day-to-day operations of the company, Ballmer seemed like a coarse, brute of a man with not that much intelligence or a knack for innovation. Mind you, I am someone who gets along better with engineering-types better than just about any other human for reasons I honestly don’t know. Yet, Ballmer seems to be the leader of The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight. Perhaps being liquored-up is the only way he can spew the bull manure without spewing his guts out along with it.

So, as I’m reading this Bloomberg article, I’m thinking about all the money M$ spends on product placement. When I watched CSI: Miami on a consistent basis, one of their sets was a lab with this ultra cool glass table that served as a touchscreen computer. It was about the size of a large coffee table or smallish kitchen table. I even smacked my hand a bit for liking it! Now that I watch Hawaii 5-0, there’s a similar piece of equipment, but a bit smaller. Where is the company that produced those products? I can come up with many uses for it and I’m not even trying. Now, the place just seems to be falling apart. When will shareholders revolt and/or Bill call Ballmer into his office (I’m assuming he still keeps one there) and fires him even if it means he has to take over once again for a while? I laugh when people freak about AAPL’s recent stock slide because this happens to the company all the time and then bounces back stronger than ever. I would buy some AAPL stock now if I had that kind of money. MSFT, OTOH, is in trouble. Someone other than me has to see that. It’s been in trouble for far too long. It’s not going to shut its doors anytime soon, but it could reach a point where its bonds are downgraded and its stock is trading extremely low. I can see them buying shares in an effort to keep the price up very soon. Ballmer is not the ninja master of the Reality Distortion Field. That guy’s heart, sadly, beats no more. Consequently, he need to pull a rabbit out of a bodily orifice to keep his job for a while longer, IMO.

I’m not one of the financial gurus on this site. I’ve only sat back and watched things play out for years while applying a little common sense. Therefore, I apologize if I’ve skipped, misinterpreted or somehow mangled some important information that will make a difference. I’m an arts and humanities person, not a science or math person. *shrug* Consequently, I could be way off-base. I don’t think so, but it’s possible.

Sorry if the formatting is not what it should be. I’m having real problems with the way MacOb is rendering on my iPhone.