Asahi announces that the alpha build of their OS is available for download. This brings the opportunity of dual booting for many M1 Macs.
Use this trick to create a shortcut to shut down your M1 MacBook Pro from Mac Geek Gab 900!
Qualcomm is preparing for battle with Cupertino and its M-series chips. It laid out its competition to Apple Silicon for Windows device, which will launch in 2023, The Verge reported. Perhaps most interesting of all is the fact that those working on this project used to work for Apple.
Dr. James Thompson, Qualcomm’s chief technology officer, announced the plans for the new chips at the company’s 2021 investor day event, with the goal of getting samples to hardware customers in about nine months ahead of product launches with the new chip in 2023. The new chip will be designed by the Nuvia team, which Qualcomm had bought earlier this year in a massive $1.4 billion acquisition. Nuvia, notably, was founded in 2019 by a trio of former Apple employees who had previously worked on the company’s A-series chips.
AVOID THE NOTCH! Did you know you can scale your apps to fit below the notch on your new MacBook Pro?
Learn how in this mini-segment from Mac Geek Gab 898.
- Quick Tips Galore! — Mac Geek Gab 915
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
- Mice and Other Computer and Tablet Input Devices
- I'm Pretty Much a Doctor Now? — Mac Geek Gab 917
- Thursdays with Bob: (Lack of) Tech Support – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-24
- BBEdit and Shortcuts and You – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-21
Apple’s Fast Charging for the new MacBook Pro has some inconsistencies and caveats that you should be aware of according to Mac Geek Gab 897.
Tune in to our breakdown of the new MacBook Pro, and what you need to know about them!
Want to learn more? Watch Mac Geek Gab 896
If you’re planning to buy a new MacBook Pro, this decision tree for the M1 Pro | Max models may be able to help. It shows you every possible configuration with the CPU, GPU, RAM, Power Adapter, and SSD. “And when I say 18 configurations, I’m not even counting the choices on SSD size. All 18 configurations come in 512GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4GB and 8TB. And yes, I verified that you can configure the bottom-of-the-line M1 Pro with an 8TB drive and you can configure the top-of-the-line M1 Max with only 512GB. That means there are actually 90 different ways you can configure the new Apple Silicon MacBook Pros. Unless you layer in the option of color with grey vs. another grey, which makes the grand total 180 different configurations.”
- Dissecting the Scene Explainer From 'Servant' Season Three Premiere Episode
- ProtonMail 1.15.11 Update Fixes Bugs With Push Notifications
- AirGuard Lets You Detect AirTags on Android Smartphones
- Apple TV+ Releases Trailer For "The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey” Starring Samuel L. Jackson
- Apple Releases 'Unity Lights' Watch Face for Black History Month
- 'The Matrix Resurrections' Now Available to Rent or Buy on Apple TV
The first notch menu bar problems have already surfaced with the MacBook Pro. App menu items and system status icons pull a disappearing act.