Bryan and Jeff dive in to data protection, cloud storage issues, strong passwords, password managers, and more this week in their computer security-palooza discussion. Jeff also shares his dismay over Bryan not knowing about Correct Horse Battery Staple.
British police recently arrested seven people, aged 16 to 21, as part of its investigation into the group of Okta hackers known as Lapsus$.
Apple Wallet users in Arizona will soon be able to use their devices to gain clearance at select TSA checkpoints. More states will follow.
Volexity’s security experts recently detected new malware, GIMMICK. It’s primarily affecting users in Asia, and there are ways to combat it.
A new phishing scam posing at the IRS is making the rounds through email. Infamous botnet Emotet is behind many of the attacks.
With Apple’s Focus Mode, iPhone users can create a custom, games-only profile, giving them peace of mind when a child plays with their phone.
PYSA ransomware is a piece of malware from an unknown APT group. It attacks what the FBI calls “soft targets.”
Entities in Ukraine have been targeted by hackers that wipe hard drives of all data. An investigation from PCMag reveals what has happened.
ClearVPN from MacPaw, a company based in Kyiv, Ukraine, released a shortcut with information on trusted ways to support Ukraine.
- When Supply Met Demand and Crashing a Mountain - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-10
- "Big Tech" as Bad Guy and a Touching Rumor - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-12
- Whispers of New MacBook Pros and iPhone Sales - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-17
- The Good, the Bad, and That Sounds Ugly - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-04
- Apple's Great Big Augmented Year? - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-09
- How Many Operating Systems Does a Mixed Reality Need? - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-13
Nvidia has confirmed that data was stolen in a data breach that occurred last week. The hackers claim to have stolen 1 terabyte in files.